Sign in to follow this  
Crockett12

Now receiving Error Message

Off Phase 3 ran fine and I had been flying without any issues -- but I haven't flown for a while. In fact I haven't been on the computer for a while or loaded any new programs. I do have the new patch 1.3c installed but it's been so long since I've flown -- so don't know if I flew after I installed the patch or not.

I sat down to fly tonight and keep getting this error message:

Error updating Config overrides settings - File does not exost - Reinstall OFF - C:\Documents ans Settings\David\ApplicationData\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\ConfigOverrides.xml

I got the same message in "Campaign" mode as well as in "Quick Combat" mode.

I don't want to have to reinstall if I don't have to because of my many active pilots (as well as a LOT of dead ones!!!) -- but I quess I will reinstall if necessary.

I did reinstall the 1.3c patch and got the same message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Crockett

I think if you go to your obd folder, and run the cfs3config.exe, it will solve your problem. Or you can go to workshop, and hit the "graphics config" button, that opens cfs3config too

as always, after you have run thru all the settings, and made your adjustments, make sure you exit cfs3config with FILE>EXIT, and not by using the X in the upper right.

just to check it out, i renamed my configoverides.xml to oldconfigoverides.xml, and ran cfs3config.exe, and it rebuilt the configsoverides.xml file.

hope it works for u

I think if you go to your obd folder, and run the cfs3config.exe, it will solve your problem. Or you can go to workshop, and hit the "graphics config" button, that opens cfs3config too

as always, after you have run thru all the settings, and made your adjustments, make sure you exit cfs3config with FILE>EXIT, and not by using the X in the upper right.

just to check it out, i renamed my configoverides.xml to oldconfigoverides.xml, and ran cfs3config.exe, and it rebuilt the configsoverides.xml file.

hope it works for u

sitting duck

Yes it worked -- thanks for the help -- I wouldn't have figured it out.

Only been killed once since flying tonight -- and captured once -- but I escaped!

Thanks again,

Crockett12