Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Apologies to Stumpjumper, Mathias, and All Concerned

Good Morning Everyone,

After posting the "Gothas Along the Thames" mission I recieved an email from Stumpjumper last night informing me that the searchlight files I included should not have been uploaded without the permission of Mathias and the rest of the folks who built them. My sincere apologies. I had been made aware of the files by OlPaint01 in his forum post concerning my Zeppelin mission, and I found them in Eurofinn's "Berlin" mission over at the Sims Outhouse CFS3 download section. I assumed that since they were already available as part of another mission download that they could be used as such, as long as proper credit was given to the sources. I made sure to mention and thank those in my instruction sheet included in the mission download, but it appears that the searchlight files origianlly came from Mathias and Stumpjumper and others who worked to build them. I don't know Mathias or how to get in touch with him, so I am posting here in an effort to clear this up. I don't want to offend anyone by not giving credit where credit is due, or by breaking the rules when it comes to the many OFF add-ons and how they are to be handled.

Again, sorry if I have stepped on toes here or not followed proper file etiquette. If someone can put me in touch with Mathias so that my mistake can be corrected it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Lou

You naughty boy! ... Shame on you! (where did you say you got them?) :biggrin:

no major biggie as i stated in the pm to you jsut didnt want you to get in trouble haveing been there and done that long time ago is all m8 they arent mine by anymeans, but jsut trying to look out for my fellow simmers :)

Edited by stumpjumper

have jsut recieved permission from mathais on behalf of raf louvert, the search lights are a go, they can remain in his mission for public dl

Edited by stumpjumper

HUSSAH!

Great news, for this mission by Lou is one I am going to give a try. It looks jolly exciting.

Thank you very much stumpjumper, I much appreciate your efforts on my behalf. And please send a big "Thank You!" to Mathias from me as well Sir. I will be sure to check around more the next time I happen to use any add-on files in one of my projects, and make sure that all is handled as it should be.

:yes:

Cheers!

Lou

Yeah, thanks alot stump. Raf_louvert is filling in a much needed void on missions, and its good to see that we are doing all we can to support his efforts.

Look forward to doing that mission

If we could get guidlines on what we can, and cannot use when when either ul missions, or making files available for download in the posts so others can fly missions that require them, it would be helpfull.

Hello All

Does not the community have a standing policy that mission parts and components previously posted are available for use by other modders if appropriate recognition is placed in the new mission files to the original designer?

It seems to me, as a courtesy to the community, that all the mission parts and components should be included with a readme acknowledging the original designer in the new archive file when a new mission is posted - Or at least a good link provided to where the part or component can be obtained.

I am just discovering how difficult some of the old Phase 2 mods parts can be to locate or let alone find the original author to get a permission for inclusion in a new mission file set. Most of the discovered links I am finding are deadends. I consider myself extremely lucky to even find a mod part or component included in any of these old phase 2 missions.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01