Some planes are using a avionic mode wich allows to set off the IR growling of planes wich have no gun. As an example the new GR7 has no gun and when I "accidently" switch to AIM-9`s at the beginning of the mission I will hear this growling all the time until I land/crash or beeing shot down. How can I implement such a NAV mode or anything else where the Sidewinders are deselected?

I will try to find a plane with this mode to have a comparrison.. I know it works someway but for now I don`t have an idea example if someone is faster.. ;-)

I know just what you mean, I avoid flying anything without a gun for that reason alone. I don't know of any way to change that, the only time you can seem to get rid of it is if you have another weapon (a2g or a2a) without an IR growl to switch to. Don't think the plane makes a difference, just a matter of having another weapon to switch to. If anyone knows different or can figure it out it would be a godsend.

Try to select a ground weapon, even if you don't have any loaded. That seems to work for me.

Or, switch HUD modes to NAV or what have you. Default is the -"- key, IIRC.