Sign in to follow this  
kreelin

Art theft...

If some of you guys are interested in art, I'd like to have your opinion about this...

http://www.radiotrash.org/mijn/

my daughter is a commercial artist who designs things like this for part of her living.

this is a classic intellectual property rights case. The theft of someone else's work to make money without due compensation is just that - theft.

just like illegal music downloads

copied software piracy

and stealing aircraft flight sim skins and passing them off as one's own.

the details are different, but the fundamental principles are the same.

my daughter is a commercial artist who designs things like this for part of her living.

Does she have a website or a blog ?

Does she have a website or a blog ?

she did at one time. She's working free-lance now and that's about third or fourth on her list of things to do every day. I'll check.

this is a classic intellectual property rights case. The theft of someone else's work to make money without due compensation is just that - theft.

just like illegal music downloads

copied software piracy

and stealing aircraft flight sim skins and passing them off as one's own.

the details are different, but the fundamental principles are the same.

Your comments may be true in the USA, but they are not in a few other countries.

Completely unacceptable I think. If it was only one example, one could pass it over as potential coincidence but given the number of examples on that page alone it shows complete disregard to the original artist not to attribute the original image as the basis for new work. If she had tried very hard to make the images radically different, like having different expressions on the faces, or portrayed from different angels then that would be less offensive. It seems she has taken original images, done the bare minimum to make them look like her own work and then claimed money out of it. Sickening.