Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Skyraider Cockpit Mod

Skyraider Cockpit Mod

"Stand In" Prop Cockpit Mod for MontyCZ's A-1H and 3rd Wire's A-1H/A-1J Skyraiders

For SF/SFG/WoV/WoE/WoI and SF2/SF2:V/SF2:E

This mod is a semi-complete overhaul of the stock A-4B Skyhawk cockpit into a 'passable' stand-in prop-style pit for use on Monty's Skyraiders and the new Skyraiders in SF2:V. I say "passable", as opposed to the more true "fiddled-with-to-within-an-inch-of-its-life, not-even-close-to-reality".

This mod uses ALL stock items, found in just about all versions, and includes EVERYTHING needed to get your AI SPADs in SF2:V up and flyable. All bmps, inis, and the cockpit lod are included. Most of the gauges have been repainted and reletter for a more "piston engined" look. As stated earlier, it's really designed for use with MontyCZ's A-1, but it's still in the Hangar for it's overhaul, hence, I'm releasing this mod before the aircraft it was made for. Rest assured it'll be included in the new version.

This package has been tested in all the Classic Series ™ -hereinafter known as "TOS", and also in SF2:V -hereinafter to be known as "NextGen" versions of the sim. It works pretty damn good in both, allowing for the innaccuracies in the general layout and so forth. A new avionics ini is included for an audio-only RWR. While not too helpfull, it'll allow you some 'heads-up' time to look around for that radar or radar-controlled AAA or SAM that's about to get you.

DISCLAIMER: this cockpit layout ain't even close to Real Life ™. I already know this, but it works, the instruments read pretty close to 'normal', and it's free.

As always, unzip the package to a temp folder, or your desktop, to gain access to the rest of this readme for the full install instructions. It's reccomended you DO so, and read this through before installing; it'll help you understand what we're going to do a bit more.

Happy Landings!!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

ps: I forgot to list this in the readme;

Crash Testing by NDiki

thanks Nigel!!! :good:

pps: look for the easter egg on the clock!

Thank you Kevin! Looking forward to trying it out.

Jeff

Guest a10boar

It's been Wrench-a-nized and this cockpit is clean! I like this cockpit so much, thinking about using it as my standard pit for early A-4's too. Nice job Wrench

Well, if you want to use it in early Scooters (A & B), I can easily undo the redo for the prop gages, and re-turn them back to jet readouts. (I also MAY have forgotten to re-move the ***_gauge.psd templates from the upload...)

I think the pit's just a bit too clean, but I figure the Navy/MC maintainers would be a bit more meticulious, what with all the salt water corrosion and etc to always fight .... or just some detail-orientated lunatic that wanted thing legibable (sp?) :crazy:

EDIT: nope, it looks like I took them out...so, now I have to remember WHERE I put them.....

wrench

kevin stein