Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

'Closing the Gap'

Hmm...Blur is effective! :biggrin: :yes:

post-22245-1244549206_thumb.jpg

Cocked the Pfaltz wheels up a bit...lol

Hmm...Blur is effective!

Very nice. With your permission, this will be my new wallpaper for a bit! You're right, 'Blur' works wonders for seating objects into a scene. Takes the crisp edge off things. The other "Wonder Tool' is 'Haze'. In my 3D modeling programs, this can be added with a few numbers entered in the right space. Looking at the ground, there's a bit of atmospheric haze going on. For Photoshop, try a new layer, at the very top. Flood it with White, then adjust the Opacity down to 1%. Tweak the percentage up or down as needed.

Very nice. With your permission, this will be my new wallpaper for a bit! You're right, 'Blur' works wonders for seating objects into a scene. Takes the crisp edge off things. The other "Wonder Tool' is 'Haze'. In my 3D modeling programs, this can be added with a few numbers entered in the right space. Looking at the ground, there's a bit of atmospheric haze going on. For Photoshop, try a new layer, at the very top. Flood it with White, then adjust the Opacity down to 1%. Tweak the percentage up or down as needed.

Thanks for the tip. Hauksbee, I will give that a go!! (I'm glad there's a wealth of info on here, by guys who have so much knowledge!... Keeps us noob's going!!) :good::biggrin:

wow,,,nice pic,,

would love to get a pic of my house off google earth, and then put myself flying a dvll over it,,,

is there alot of time involved in this process?

wow,,,nice pic,,

would love to get a pic of my house off google earth, and then put myself flying a dvll over it,,,

is there alot of time involved in this process?

Not a huge amount to be honest!... The main part is erasing all the outlying textures from the original photos (cos they are always a different 'hue' from the photo you are adding them to)..... But quite simple after that!

(The other hard bit is finding photo's of WW1 aeroplanes (for obvious reasons!) :biggrin:

A case in point...I just noticed the Nuip has an 'extra' wing spa!..hahahaha......... I should pay more attention!!!

So, a little way to go yet!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

ok,,,then from my limited use of paint programs,,,,after you have erased all that,,,then you set the erased part color (white im assuming) to "transparancy" and then copy and paste the pic into whatever you want,,,,

that about it?

Yep...pretty much!