Sign in to follow this  

This has worked for me.

Set the radar to boresite mode, make sure you have the Sparrow selected, put the MiG in the center of the site, and presto, a quick lock on! Works good for those longer ranged shots, which is what the Sparrow is for!

I've found this is the easiest way to get a Sparrow off before things start turning round and round. :cry:

Mike

Guest Ranger332

Yes wring posting ,but right info.

thats the way ive been doing it ,as long as you wait for a "good " lock your in

alot has to do with your settings..if you have it set for HARD then you don't get a yellow box...this could be bad if your wingman is ahead of you,but the boresight mode works good if you have the bandit off your nose.Search mode is best for early warning,finding the enemy,and watching your A.O.,as you know situational awarness is what keeps you alive.also remember there is a range factor to keep in mind...just because you lock a target up and paint and bracket him doesn't mean he's in missile range.and if you think he's to close for the sparrow,make a fast switch to sidewinders.

I get killed a lot trying to use the search mode :x

Now I know why the F-4 had a back seat guy for that stuff!