Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Free full games

I can help Rabu, but is it the Arcade or Home console version you are looking for? And it is the late 70's we're talking about right, nothing newer?

If my memory is still working, I think I was playing it on an IBM XT computer back in the 1990's? May have been an old Windows 98 machine though.. really not sure.

If my memory is still working, I think I was playing it on an IBM XT computer back in the 1990's? May have been an old Windows 98 machine though.. really not sure.

Try this one... its as Classic as it gets..

http://www.insane-games.com/games/classic_break_out/

Hi guys,

Did it ever get any more exciting than "Sword of Fargoal" :no:

I never even got down far enough to find it much less get away with it.

Ahhh.... a life goal never achieved :cray:

Cheers,

T&FO.

Try this one... its as Classic as it gets..

http://www.insane-games.com/games/classic_break_out/

Thanks, Otto, but that isn't it.. the game I remember you had these bouncing balls and you built walls to try to contain them.. that's all I remember, but it was fascinating and a lot of fun. If I remember right, it was black and white, no images or any thing fancy, just the balls and the white walls you could build. It was like you were looking down like a floor plan view. Maybe I'm completely wrong and it isn't actually "break out?"

lol...so,,the 3 days i spent getting superbreakout to work,,and its not the game you wanted???

is this it?

gallery_45808_317_23235.jpg

Edited by sitting_duck

I'm sorry, didn't know you were spending time converting it, thanks! I don't think that's the game though and I may be totally wrong about the name of it.

I drew a picture of vaguely what I remember it looking like:

bouncing%20ball=walls.jpg

The task was to contain the balls in walled in areas that you would build. The balls would enter the field and I think they would enter more often as time went by, making it harder to contain them.

What I can't remember was what the balls target was.. another ball? ..the cursor you were building the walls with.. just can't remember. I think that part of the goal would have been to contain as many balls as possible by trapping them with as few walls as possible?

This ought to be interesting to see if one of you can figure out what this game might have been.

Thanks,

Edited by rabu

rabu

You said that you have found "updated" versions of that game..anychance you remeber what any of them where called?

rabu

You said that you have found "updated" versions of that game..anychance you remeber what any of them where called?

What I meant was that I have found new versions of break out and had thought that maybe they have changed it from the game I described above because I can't find any old video games that seem to come close to matching it.

What I meant was that I have found new versions of break out and had thought that maybe they have changed it from the game I described above because I can't find any old video games that seem to come close to matching it.

You got me Bubba... I've never seen that one before! :blink:

Great to see a thread about these old games.

I have just made an account at GOG.com Good old games. You have to pay for these but they are Copy Protection Free and some good old classics now work on XP & VISTA. Only problem is that mods do not work on some of them now.

They have a couple for free games when you make an account. I hope to get some of the old space titles.

Cheers MarkL

You got me Bubba... I've never seen that one before! :blink:

Darn! :sorry: