Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

ship add on install question

Guest rscsjsuso5

i have a general question for anyone i'm trying to put some ships properly in the taiwan terrain of taksofrce 77 and 77.1 as groundobject but for some cases only half of the ship shows up and the other is in the water what do i need to tweak in order for it to properly show up so that the ships looks like it floats .

thanks.

I put the Anzac as a ground object. Just defined it inside types.ini as so. Works perfect w/ weapons and everything.

[TargetType150]

Name=Anzac

FullName=Anzac FFG

ModelName=Yavuz-R0h.LOD

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

DamagePoint=100

ArmorValue=0

ArmorType=0

TargetValue=100

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=ANZAC

RepairRate=0.150

StartDetectChance=50

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=15000.0

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=ShipDestroyedEffect

DestroyedModel=

SecondaryEffect=MediumOilFire

SecondaryChance=100

Guest rscsjsuso5

i will try but here is a picture attached

post-46688-1245189171_thumb.jpg

you have a height problem whit your terrain check KB there a fix for that there or your his pre out08 patch so check updates on it.

Cocas

Yeah it is a terrain problem, i had it too, scan the knowledge base, off the top of my head i think you need to alter the sea height level or something in the terrain INI, but dont take my word for it, look it up

Yep, the Dreaded Pre-08 HeightMap issue. Covered about a milliion time in several thousand posts; should be listed in the "Things You Need to Update Thread" (location of which escapes me now)

2 things to do:

1) make sure the terrains data in reads as such for each tile that's a 'sea/land' transistion (a super easy way to check is to extrat the data ini from the cat file from EACH of the Original 3 (desert, vietnamsea, germanyce) can compare the statements

you'll see 2 new/or adjusted statements at the top: (btw, this is from the ASW terrain, that uses the Desert data

[HeightField]

DetailScale=1.0

DetailFrequency=1.0

MaxHeight=1000

MinHeight=0

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

and further down, in the tile callout;

[Texture002]

Filename=sea2desert25.TGA

HasWater=1

HeightMap=sea2desert25_hm.BMP <--this line which HMbmp in the cat to use

HeightMapScale=2.000000 <--this line set height

Color=0.505483,0.471180,0.410264

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA

MipMapLevels=6

So, the HeightMapScale needs to be adjusted DOWN to approx 2.000 meters, effectivly raising the GROUND level up.

2) make the adjustments show, and use newly extracted/repainted HM_bmps, placed DIRECTLY into the terrain folder in question. You'll find them in a LOT of my recent map mods/upgrades, especially those that were for 06 patch level and earlier. The HMs need to be repainted solid BLACK, as this will give a hard surface for the land/sea transition.

I've already done this, and should have complete sets here someplace. I can upload them for those that want.

wrench

kevin stein

Guest rscsjsuso5

thanks all fixed and thanks to all . welcome to the taiwan strait with battle with taskforce 77.

to all happy flying and millions of mission successful and safe landing.

attached is picture enjoy.

post-46688-1245267833_thumb.jpg