Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Some 3d modeling/MAX questions from Cocas

Cocas asked these questions over in the Prop-Head Modding Thread, and I wanted to make sure our Experts ™ could see it:

ok here gos a buttload of quetions sorry need clear this from my head.

How can deattach a already mappe part? say a flap from a wing whitout losing my mapping?

How to put more then one part of the aircraft in the same bitmap say a fuselage and wings?

Do i need make seat on my aircraft?

guess that this are my main questions for now

thanks in advance

Daniel

Cocas

TIA!

wrench

kevin stein

I think I can answer the seat question...

I know some aircraft have the seat 'molded in' to the main lod, but it's even easier to use an existing seat (3w Supplies ™), and just place it via data ini edits. As I've done on a lot of mods, and how the stock plane are done.

wrench

kevin stein

How can deattach a already mappe part?

Use the Cut, Slice, or Quick Slice to cut the parts, then select the polygons you want cut, then use the Detach command.

say a flap from a wing whitout losing my mapping?

See above. You shouldn't lose your mapping, but you may have to remap new areas created (ie if you cut a flap from a wing, you will have to map the 'gaps' you fill in.

How to put more then one part of the aircraft in the same bitmap say a fuselage and wings?

Assign both of them to the same material editor slot.

FC

I think I can answer the seat question...

I know some aircraft have the seat 'molded in' to the main lod, but it's even easier to use an existing seat (3w Supplies ), and just place it via data ini edits. As I've done on a lot of mods, and how the stock plane are done.

wrench

kevin stein

thanks wrench and that one question down

thanks a lot FC

Edited by cocas