Sign in to follow this  
BigJim

CH HOTAS USB for FS-WWI

Hiya all,

I can't seem to get the game to recognize my CH HOTAS USB set up, I use control manager from CH which I must have, as I use it for other flying games.

The problem seems to be that "vertual HID device" shows number 1 as a controller, when I try to change it with the control assignment tool I get a runtime error.

If I setup a profile to be "all in one" control I can get the joystick routine to see the various components but HID device is still first and it seems to not work in game.

Anyone have any ideas how to solves this??

Hiya all,

I can't seem to get the game to recognize my CH HOTAS USB set up, I use control manager from CH which I must have, as I use it for other flying games.

The problem seems to be that "vertual HID device" shows number 1 as a controller, when I try to change it with the control assignment tool I get a runtime error.

If I setup a profile to be "all in one" control I can get the joystick routine to see the various components but HID device is still first and it seems to not work in game.

Anyone have any ideas how to solves this??

BTW I did do the Joystick 1 2 thing and it made no differenc

Ok here is what I did to get it to work I named Joystick=CH control Manager Device 1 and on thru to Device 3

Now the game see's the controllers but the Rudders are backwards for some reason but at least we can get up ion the air :biggrin:

Hello!

Sorry I was out of town... I'm glad to hear you got it to work! When you named the controllers, did you do that in the sdemons.ini file or elsewhere?

As for the rudder being backwards, you should be able to make a profile using CH Control Manager that inverses the rudder input? At least, that is how I understand it. I have a HOTAS Cougar.

Hello!

Sorry I was out of town... I'm glad to hear you got it to work! When you named the controllers, did you do that in the sdemons.ini file or elsewhere?

As for the rudder being backwards, you should be able to make a profile using CH Control Manager that inverses the rudder input? At least, that is how I understand it. I have a HOTAS Cougar.

Hi Argon,

Yes in the sdemons file as recommended and yes I remembered I could reverse the rudders in the Control Manger.

I also forgot to mention that in the controller assignment utility you cannot just move the control as stated in the instructions but rather you must type in the axis you want and then just save.

JoystickAxisY

JoystickAxisX

Joystick1AxisZ

Joystick2AxisZ

These in the appropriate places :rolleyes: