Sign in to follow this  
mdavismd

can't load single missions in mod

Hello all!

I have just set up the BoB mod from a few years ago. it's plays great but i have a problem somewhere in the way i set it up:

No single missions imported or created with KMD or Mssnr2006 show up under the "load mission" option under single player. when i go to load a mission the menus on the right in that screen are greyed out and all read "not available". i am guessing there is a file i need to modify to get this install to "see" the available missions; probably an *.ini file. i have other mods and they all "see" the single missions in the missions folder and allow an option to load them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can show me the way...(And a happy father's day to all we fathers out there)

Mark Davis

Hi Mark,

The game checks the terrain and aircraft used in the mission, if you have any of them missing in your install, the mission won't show up in the menu. I bet terrain folder name is somehow different in your new install? :dntknw: Do quick check of the msn file w/ notepad.

Edited by pureblue

Hi Mark,

The game checks the terrain and aircraft used in the mission, if you have any of them missing in your install, the mission won't show up in the menu. I bet terrain folder name is somehow different in your new install? :dntknw: Do quick check of the msn file w/ notepad.

Pureblue-

thanks for the response. i will check that out when i get home later. any other possibilities besides this one in case i have properly changed the terrains in the mission and the planes are available within the objects/aircraft folder?

Mark Davis

Hi there,

Sorry I haven't responded directly before now.

To "load" a single mission, you require to have a mission set up and saved as a .msn file, in the Wox/Missions folder. There are no such missions inlcuded with the BoB d/l package, as yet.

So, you can select random single mission types from the UI Single Mission Screen, but you cannot "save" such a mission to refly later. Same goes for campaign missions. You can refly a mission from the debrife screen, but you can't save a game generated mission to refly later.

To create a custom mission to fly over and over again, you will need to create a user mission using kreelin's KMD mission editor, available in the utilities section here.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

Thanks guys-I got it sorted out. There was one bad line, actually one word, that didn't fit because the BoB file had it named differently than the install from which I imported the mission. My lack of experience......

It's working!

Mark Davis