Just a Noob question. Since droptanks are part of the aircraft lod in the new series. Is it then safe to asume that the bitmaps for the tanks works like those on the aircraft itself???

I mean if I repaint some of the stock tanks,save it with the same name as the original bitmap then place it in the skin folder for the given aircraft. then instantly I have a plane specific droptank??? No need for a hex editor to call out a specific bitmap name

That is correct! Yep, no more hex editing (for those aircraft with the built in drop tanks).

FC

Thanks do we have a list of stock aircrafts which dont have the new fueltank concept???

I'm assuming any stock (ie ThirdWire) aircraft offered in the SF2 series which can carry drop tanks already has the new tank setup. It would seem silly to not have such a setup for every aircraft which is drop tank capable (editing MAX files to accomplish such a thing was pretty easy...took about 10 minutes if you have the aircraft and drop tank models already available).

FC

Finally a reason to change to SF2 that I can understand!!

Lloyd