Sign in to follow this  
knug

Decal problems on J-32 Lansen

Hi All,

I have some strange problems with the squadron badge decal on a skin of an A-32 Lansen.

It's very strange since it only occurs on the left side ... and not on the right side.

It also doesn't matter if I use another squadron badge (there are several that works on other swedish aircrafts)

see the included screenshots

Does anybody have a clue of why this happens ...

thanks

//Knug

post-1831-1246865251_thumb.jpg

post-1831-1246865263_thumb.jpg

:shok: Didnt noticed the major decal bleed first time I looked at the screenie. Edited by hgbn

That's my model and I'm not sure where the problem lies. If anyone has any tips - I'm happy to look for and correct the issue with the model - I know it's usually an open mesh but I don't know how to find it or even where to start looking. I'll give the source file to saomeone who actually knows what they are looking for if so requested.

I had the same prob with my Su, when the plane is mapped and all seems to be correct and you try to work on a small edge or any other place on the 3D model this bleeding apears. Don`t know realy why but I had to remap the whole plane to overcome it

That's my model and I'm not sure where the problem lies. If anyone has any tips - I'm happy to look for and correct the issue with the model - I know it's usually an open mesh but I don't know how to find it or even where to start looking. I'll give the source file to saomeone who actually knows what they are looking for if so requested.

Hey Timmy,

A good option is to export the aircraft twice...once with decals and once without. Use the decaled one at a shorter range to fix the bleed, then the non-decal exported one for longer range to help save frame rates.

Some aircraft you just can't do anything about, even if you fix all the spaces and meshes. It sometimes has to do with the overall shape of the aircraft. The Super Hornet was a prime example...I literally sealed up all the edges, but it still bled (in fact, it bled worse) on the body because of all the nooks and crannies. The T-38A and it's brethren have a similiar issue due to the wasp waist.

FC