Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Illumination flares and colored smoke rockets prob

Hi, been playing around with the new o-1 birddog and tried to do colored rocket flares to mark targets. i tried the lau-62 flare pod, 59 and 32 red,green yellow flare pods and the new illumination round found with the birddog by Diego. However, nothing illuminates and the colored rocket pods dont work. they fire but no red, green yellow etc. only effects installed on all three sf2's is the weapons pack for sf2 by killerbee and the new ca starry effects pak for sf2. i installed them like readme says. Anyone else havin probs or is therea fix to get them working? Thx. :blink:

Did u put the MISSILEOBJECT.ini from the weaps packs in the objects folder? If u didnt, then the effects wont show up, because thats where it gets the information for the effects to use.

Hi, been playing around with the new o-1 birddog and tried to do colored rocket flares to mark targets. i tried the lau-62 flare pod, 59 and 32 red,green yellow flare pods and the new illumination round found with the birddog by Diego. However, nothing illuminates and the colored rocket pods dont work. they fire but no red, green yellow etc. only effects installed on all three sf2's is the weapons pack for sf2 by killerbee and the new ca starry effects pak for sf2. i installed them like readme says. Anyone else havin probs or is therea fix to get them working? Thx. :blink:

Are you saying that the included O-1 weapons don't work? or other weapons that you are adding don't work?

If its other weapons, then you must add the info from the missileobject ini and add it to your weapons data ini. Do you have KB's new weapons pack? I'm almost 100% positive that they were updated. Minds kinda foggy.

The MissileObject.INI included is for reference Only. It is not used in SF2 Series of Titles. The "Ordnance Shop" was developed before the knowledge of how Effects would be handled by the new Series. I plan to Up-date the "Ordnance Shop" to include atleast the Weapon's Effect Classes. Use the old MissileObject.INI to include the Weapon's Effect Class to each Weapon's Data.INI. I'll use a Mk40 Hydra Mk67Mod1 2.75 FFAR as an Example. Between the dotted Lines is how a Weapon's Data.INI should look with the Effect Class added. Each "Custom" Effect is added this way. That's why the old MissileObject.INI plays an important part as a Reference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=Mk40_Hydra_Mk67mod1

FullName=2.75" Mk 40 Rocket (Red Smoke) w/Mk67 MOD 1

ModelName=Mk40_Hydra_lores

Mass=10.660000

Diameter=0.070000

Length=1.440000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.120000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.222000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=1

RailLaunched=FALSE

RocketPod=TRUE

Retarded=FALSE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=TRUE

HasGrowl=FALSE

EffectClassName=WPRedRocketEffect <<<<< Important

ReleaseDelay=0.000000

WarheadType=0

Explosives=0.000000

FusingDistance=0.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=0

Accuracy=70

MaxTurnRate=0.000000

MaxLaunchG=2.500000

LockonChance=0

LaunchReliability=70

ArmingTime=2.000000

SeekerFOV=0.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=0.000000

SeekerTrackRate=0.000000

SeekerRange=0.000000

CLmax=14.000000

MinFreq=0.000000

MaxFreq=0.000000

MinLaunchRange=0.000000

MaxLaunchRange=0.000000

Duration=60.000000

CounterCountermeasure=20.000000

NoiseRejection=20.000000

CapabilityFlags=0x00000000

LoftAngle=0.000000

DescentAngle=0.000000

MaxLoftAltitude=0.000000

BoosterStart=0.000000

BoosterDuration=1.700000

BoosterAccel=122.449997

BoosterEffectName=RocketFireEffect

BoosterSoundName=Rocket

BoosterNodeName=

BoosterPosition=0.000000,-0.730000,0.000000

SustainerDuration=0.000000

SustainerAccel=0.000000

SustainerEffectName=

SustainerSoundName=

SustainerPosition=0.000000,-0.730000,0.000000

InFlightEffectName=RocketInFlightEffect

InFlightSoundName=

ReleaseAnimationID=1

ReleaseAnimationTime=0.500000

ReleaseAnimationDelay=0.000000

EODisplayFlags=0

CEP=0.000000

[WpRedRocketEffect] <<<<<<< Seen it before, Huh?

GroundHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion

GroundHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

WaterHitEffectName=MediumRocketWaterHitEffect

WaterHitSoundName=

ObjectHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion

ObjectHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion

ArmorHitSoundName=SmallExplosion.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above, between the dotted Lines, is how each Weapon's Data.ini should look like if You are adding a "Custom" Effect to a Weapon. If the Effect is a "Default" Effect already being used in Game, The Effect Class is not nessary.

Be sure You have the "Custom" Effect in Your "Effects" Folder with all .INI's and .Tga's with it.

If using a "Custom Sound", be sure You've added the .Wav File to Your "Sounds" Folder and Edit Your SoundsList.INI to reflect Your "Custom Sound" and place it in Your "Flight" Folder for the Sound to work.

GUNs and their Data.INI's are handled in the same fashion. (The same Way)

**** THIS FORMAT IS FOR SF2 ONLY ********

331KillerBee

Edited by 331Killerbee

Hi, thx for reply. i tried putting the misileobject ini into objects but nothing happened. killerbee's reply above says tis reference only. i can wait for the updated pak, no rush in orer to fire colored smoke rockets.

Hi, thx for reply. i tried putting the misileobject ini into objects but nothing happened. killerbee's reply above says tis reference only. i can wait for the updated pak, no rush in orer to fire colored smoke rockets.

dsawan,

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. But the MISSILEOBJECT.INI is not used to Mod in SF2. By adding the Lines ABOVE to the end of the WeaponsData.INI You want to add an EffectsClass to will solve Your Problem. Re-read My post carfully and it should become clear to You.

331KillerBee