Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Historical Accuracy be damned...

...I wanna fly the "Sexplane" F-101C in a campaign, damn it!

The idea of flying a one-way suicide mission to take out a Soviet Airbase makes a very boring campaign. So I'm cheating.

I'm pretending that when war breaks out in Europe in 1962, the NATO decides that Nukes would be too catastrophic to use. The war turns into a conventional conflict. The Voodoo needs a job after that so...

I'm loading up this puppy with twin-IR missiles on the center-line and performing deep penetration Fighter Sweeps! And to all you naysayers, it CAN hold it's own in a dogfight of flown properly. I've managed to get a fair number of kills (including MiG-21s and -17s). Gotta watch for that pitch-up departure, though. That can kill you quicker than the MiGs.

So, shun me if you must...but I'll be happy flying my Voodoo in a non-realistic role! :tongue:

In NATO Fighters you can fly the F-101C in the 1962 campaign. It is set up to fly several mission types, not just strikes IIRC.

...I wanna fly the "Sexplane" F-101C in a campaign, damn it!

The idea of flying a one-way suicide mission to take out a Soviet Airbase makes a very boring campaign. So I'm cheating.

I'm pretending that when war breaks out in Europe in 1962, the NATO decides that Nukes would be too catastrophic to use. The war turns into a conventional conflict. The Voodoo needs a job after that so...

I'm loading up this puppy with twin-IR missiles on the center-line and performing deep penetration Fighter Sweeps! And to all you naysayers, it CAN hold it's own in a dogfight of flown properly. I've managed to get a fair number of kills (including MiG-21s and -17s). Gotta watch for that pitch-up departure, though. That can kill you quicker than the MiGs.

So, shun me if you must...but I'll be happy flying my Voodoo in a non-realistic role! :tongue:

Dirk? Dirk? Is that you? We've scheduled you an appointment with the talking doctor, be there at 0830...

Edited by Charlie 14

In NATO Fighters you can fly the F-101C in the 1962 campaign. It is set up to fly several mission types, not just strikes IIRC.

I've got NF, but I'm running SP2:E right now and was going to move over NF...however, I see that you diligent modders are already on the case. Looking forward to it!

Hmmm...maybe I could get away with using the Genie... what do you guys think? Would A2A nukes be more acceptable? Or do you think the use of the Genie would force the Soviets into using their own nukes? Discuss... :biggrin: