Sign in to follow this  
JimAttrill

Virtual Cockpit view

Ok. I don't know what I did but all of a sudden I can't get the virtual cockpit view. Pressing F4 and F6 repeatedly does not bring it back. It was there, so where has it gone to? I have enough trouble flying without having all of this real aeroplane in the way.

Check the "Command keys" card of HomeBoy (sticky above) - that's the only advice I know.

Edited by Olham

The card I printed shows _______ for Virtual Cockpit view which isn't very helpful.....

Edited by JimAttrill

I really don't know, as I don't use those views. Did you try these:

Ctrl.+F4

Scroll Lock

Shift+F4

One of them might be it? (I hope).

So you use the views with the whole cockpit getting in the way of your forward view? Then you are an even better pilot than I thought. I have no hope of doing that (yet).

Yes, I see, what the pilot would have seen. Looking over my Spandaus, I know where to fire.

And with TrackIR, I can look around, up and down, and bend left and right, or lean a little bit

over the sides of the fuselage. I never did it any other way, so it's only "natural" to me.

The card I printed shows _______ for Virtual Cockpit view which isn't very helpful.....

Hi Jim,

I list it as "_________" because it is undefined by default. You have to assign a key value to it first. I set mine to "Shift-Control+c" or something like that.

The idea of the "________" is so you can fill it in on your card once you assign it. I have no idea why that command is unassigned like that.

I think it may be simply that you hit F3, toggles cockpit, i.e. the view over the guns etc. on and off.

If you look at controls section in off...there is toggle cockpit (f3) and then at the bottom of the controller list, there is virtual cockpit, which as homeboay points out,,is unassigned,,,

they do the same thing, but i once mistakenly assigned a key to virtual cockpit, (thinking I was editing the toggle cockpit command) and it disabled my toggle cockpit....

so, if you have done the same thiing,,,i think what you have to do is delete the command for virtual cockpit, and then reasign a key for toggle cockpit

Sounds to me, as if Dej has hit it.

I have unassigned "Toggle Cockpit" in my copy of OFF because it would be criminal to ever turn off the cockpit. :biggrin:

Just poking at you there JimAttrill. :grin:

You must know though that turning the cockpit off is the ultimate "training wheels."

<S>!

-mark

Training wheels is what I need :smile:

I have looked for this option but can't find it

Edited by JimAttrill

Training wheels is what I need :smile:

I have looked for this option but can't find it

I hope you know I was just playing with you Jim. This is a big tent. There is plenty of room for us all. None of us have any right trying to tell one another how to play this game!

Glad you got your viewing system figured out.

<S>!

-mark

...there is toggle cockpit (f3) and then at the bottom of the controller list, there is virtual cockpit, which as homeboay points out,,is unassigned,,,

they do the same thing

Not on my system they don't. F3 as a default toggles your aircraft on and off so you can't see any of it - but only if you're in the Virtual Cockpit, i.e. you'd looking out over your guns or your wings if looking left or right. If you assign a key, say 'V', to Virtual Cockpit then pressing 'V' snaps you back to the Virtual Cockpit view from whatever external or enemy view you happened to be in before, instead of cycling through with F4 - but F3 still works as before.

So, Jim, if you haven't already, go into the Control Config (F10 default) scroll down to find 'Virtual Cockpit' and assign a key to it, then go back into the game, press that key, then press F3 and see if that sorts it.

In Game, esc, controls, add assignment, find the virtual cockpit click add and enter C for example. Save config as "Mine" no quotes.

Tch - how could a topic about a simple command key turn into a glowing red hot thread?... ... ? ...

lol because some people are too busy making comments - easier just to answer the question ;)