Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Awsome horrizon clouds

Hey all. I just installed some cloud mods to my game from over at SFP1. The one on page 5 of the Terrain/Environmental downloads by Polak. Pretty old, from '05. Looks amazing! I'm not sure if there is a better one out there. This is the first one I've tried. It's an easy install as well. This only changes the Horrizon clouds not the low puffy ones. These need a different download. By the way anyone have a good fix for the low puffy clouds? The dont look so good against the nice new high clouds :no: .

Anyway I recommend trying this out. Makes the sky look real. :good:

Edited by quack74

Got that right! Polak's mod is a favorite of mine, too. The very same

horizon cloud band you show in the pics is the one I used more than

all the other ones in Polak's pack. Another mod that I began taking an

interest in was the WideSky V1.0 by cellinsky.

Thanks Quack74 I thought I had most things in my FE moded install but this has transformed the sky.

Hey Quack

These mods that you are discovering are absolutely great. I appreciate it when we can borrow the Mods from the other TK Sims. I only have FE so I am unaware of the Mods in the other games that can be adapted over especially the effects files.

OlPaint01

I only have FE as well. I figured I would give it a try :dntknw: . Good thing it worked. It looks so real :ok:

Hello Quack

I installed Polak's Sky mod and played around with it. Both the Overcast and Inclement set of horizon clouds fails to display correctly. I don't get a full sky of these particular .tga panels. The beautiful bank of clouds cuts off about 20 degrees above the horizon line with a very distinct break line visible separating it from the uniformly gray sky above. So I reverted back to the default Overcast and Inclement sky tiles (set 4 and set 5). The rest of the horizonclouds set looks beautiful, very realistic. The Clear, Scattered and Broken clouds are quite an asset for immersion. IMHO The puffy clouds at flight elevation do not appear too unrealistic. I have yet to experiment with Cellinsky's WideSky mod.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

I probably should have said that I changed the the horizon in my game using Firecage's Horizon Mod. I did this first before I did the clouds mod. It gets rid of that line that cuts across the sky. I think thats what your talking about OlPaint01. Try the link below.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=40599

Also with the new "clouds" download I used my original EnvironmentSystems File not the the ones that came with the download. They didnt seem to work as well as the original for the low puffy clouds.

Edited by quack74