FJ-3M

15th July 2009 SF2 version updates by knx, all props go to original creators as listed below the dotted line.

Install instructions, drag and drop Objects folder into your mod folder. Simples tsiek!

Notes: The old shadow entry and shd gives the "shadow appearing as a shaft of grey to the ground" problem, however so does the newer method on my system. Swap out the xx in the FJ-3M.ini [shadow] entries to see which one you prefer.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

FJ-3M Fury Mod

by column5

First, let me thank Zur for allowing me to mod his excellent F-86. I'd also like to acknowledge DanW who did the original F-86 skin, which I modified for this aircraft.

You do not need the F-86 to use this mod, but if you DON'T have it you should: http://www.simtweak.com.

Soon after the Korean conflict began, the US Navy realized that its current front line fighters, the F9F Panther and F2H Banshee, were no match for the new MiG-15. The Navy wisely contracted North American Aviation to modify the superb F-86 Sabre for naval use, and the result was the FJ-2 Fury (the FJ-1 designation had already been applied to a completely different aircraft). The Fury was developed over the course of the 1950s into the FJ-3, represented here, and ultimately the FJ-4. Unlike the FJ-4, the FJ-3 is externally very similar to the F-86, and is well represented by Zur's F-86 model.

The 'M' in the aircraft's designation represents the ability to carry early Sidewinder AAMs. The FJ-3 is also equipped with four Mk12 20mm canon.

This package includes a skin representing the bright colors of VF-53 Iron Angels circa 1956.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/15/2009
  • Category