Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Do you think UAV's should replace pilots?

Do you think UAV's should replace pilots?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think UAV's should replace pilots?

• Yes
    • No

Who are the 2 SH_T Heads that think we should have UAVs replace human pilots?

it already begun

Run to the Hills!!!

That is one freaky looking plane

UCAVs are good for Recon, CAS and other relatively basic missions where a human life would be put in jeopardy. But for more complex missions like interceptions, CAPs, and even some strategic strikes, it would be prudent to keep a human in the cockpit, even just as a failsafe.

Perhaps one way we will have unmanned strike planes and bombers covered by manned fighters...?

EDIT: that being said, let it be known that I still vote for manned planes. If only because the job of "Military Jet Pilot" is just so damn awesome.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

EDIT: that being said, let it be known that I still vote for manned planes. If only because the job of "Military Jet Pilot" is just so damn awesome.

There will be a time i'll say to my granson: ''in my time we humans controlled those screaming birds, we could hit mach 2, pull 9G, Land on Aircraft carriers and we didn't just controlled it behind an mental mind reader chip. :rofl:

Deal of the century. The Peacemaker. For 40 million I can get 5 of these online to protect your country. Whaddya say is it a deal.

No but that manned plane in the 1st pic doesn't look all bad... Maybe a replacement/backup program in case F-35 is phail? :grin:

Regarding the poll: Sign me up on the Anti-Skynet list!

No but that manned plane in the 1st pic doesn't look all bad... Maybe a replacement/backup program in case F-35 is phail? :grin:

I used to have a matchbox toy of that plane! It was some concept that came from nowhere and went nowhere I think. Although I do remember running around in the back yard shooting down bad guys with it.

But I digress. Don't want to be off-topic here. :grandpa: