Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Is there a way to...

Title pretty much says it all. Is there a file somewhere in my OFF install for my customized control settings? I've been tweaking them and I finally have a setup I really like but I want to be able to back these up in case I ever have to reinstall. Thanks in advance!

Title pretty much says it all. Is there a file somewhere in my OFF install for my customized control settings? I've been tweaking them and I finally have a setup I really like but I want to be able to back these up in case I ever have to reinstall. Thanks in advance!

Hi CS,

Yes, your joystick configuration is stored here:

c:\Documents and Settings\your-login-name\Application Data\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\mine.xca

You can simply make a backup of this file and restore it whenever you want.

Thanks Homeboy. But where would I find this in Vista? I tried looking for a docs and settings folder but to no avail...

Application data is a hidden folder so you'll need to enable hidden folders to see it. In Vista, go to: local disk>users>username>appData you then need to go to the roaming subfolder before continuing with the address as Homeboy showed for XP.

Wow, that was well and truly buried. I managed to back it up but if I ever have to reinstall I'll need to ask where to put my backup file! Thanks guys!

Maybe just make a small notepad txt file with a few essential notes in CaptSopwith.

If I may ask, what settings have you used - what is the most useful? So far all I have done is made button 6 the 'idle cutoff' command. This stops me running off the aerodrome before I can look up how to do it! Damn - these things got no brakes at all :smile:

I was taught NEVER to stop an aero-engine by switching off the magnetos. I think the reason was that if, for some reason, you accidentally switched the mags back on before the prop stopped the resulting explosion would destroy the exhaust and possibly set the engine on fire. I did know of one guy who, when doing a mag-drop check on a Bristol Hercules 14-cyl radial, switched off both mags instead of one. He should have left it at that and let the engine stop, but he switched the mags back on and blew the circular exhaust to pieces.