Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

How does the game manage

I've modded the SF2E 1979 campaign with new aircraft to enhance and accurize (my own word) the default. I've added some new skins, but when the AI fly them, the tail numbers won't appear. On the F-111E that I'm flying, the same thing happens. No tail numbers.

I've looked at each .lst and some had them in the 6 digit format (XX-XXXX) where others have them with only five (XXXXX).

What format and where do these need to be to get them working?

Thanks!

Do you have the tail numbers in the correct directory (the SF2 series has a dedicated "decal" directory, they are not longer in the skin folder...)?

Yes, I've got the decals in the correct folder. It's the number list that isn't working.

In Your CampaignData.ini, Try adding and editting this Line for the Unit You want to Use...

DefaultTexture=USNGrey1

StartNumber=25 <<<<<<<<

Start with the First Number of the Numbers.lst if it's a Serial Numbers being listed. If that doesn't work, Try starting at "0".....Decal Numbering System is from "0" to "999"...

As far as I know the .lst files are simple text files - and the entries in the file shouldn't matter, as long as the number (of entries) is correct.

I even have text in some of mine - it is just what you see in the drop-down to select your plane's number...

KB, thanks!

That did it. That line entry was completely missing from all of the aircraft in the CampaignE2 and probably in the others as well.

-S