Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Udet vs Guynemer, and Werner Voss' last fight

Great videos. My Dad sent me the Dogfight series, season 1 and 2. I'm pretty sure it's season 2 that has the WWI action on it. Beautifully done stuff.

Hellshade

I have both seasons too, great stuff! :good:

Thr RL fighter jocks teach you the art of dogfighting

I related a death spiral scrap with a Camel yesterday

Without the Dogfights lessons, I wouldn't have known to swing wide to get behind him

The WWI stuff is great, but I always felt the best lessons were the F4 Phantom vs. Mig 17-21 shows

I'm pretty sure it's season 2 that has the WWI action on it. Beautifully done stuff.

Yes, it's Season #2, tho' the "Rickenbacker vs. 5 D.VII's and 2 Two-seaters' is in the Bonus Section of Season #1. I keep wondering why, since they show re-runs constantly, there aren't more episodes being made?

ps: For all who missed the thread on Albert Brooks, don't believe a word about his shooting down 4 D.VII's out of a cloud of 8. He shot down one, and shared a kill with a wingman. [Who was shot down, in turn.] This shattered my faith in The History Channel, but I still love to watch these programs.

The History Channel dogfights series was great. I particularly liked the one on the Grumman Hellcat. My Grandfather flew one off the San Jacinto and I remember his amazing stories of men trying to turn with zeroes in them and getting shredded, including himself! Parachuted out and swam to an island called Babelthuap where he was picked up by Naval personnel. I still have the reserve chute he gave me when I was 10 and will always cherish it, R.I.P. pop-pop.