Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

BluRay

I Have a New Toy :biggrin:

Funny thing is, I have 4 GB of RAM, Windows Properties shows 3.5 GB (as it should, it's only a 32-bit OS), but BD Advisor shows only 2. I suppose it's simply looking for minimum specs in this area, as evidenced by the CPU info line.....I'm not running a PIII Xeon :biggrin::dntknw:

bluray.JPG

This is an SD image, that's been upconverted from 480P by the player software.

BluRayScreenie.jpg

I believe part of the limitations of 32-bit Windows is no one application has access to over 2GB of RAM. Crossing that line will often lead to crashes.

I would think you would post a pic of a true 1080 image instead of an upconverted one! I also have the BSG series on DVD, not BD, but I don't have BD for my PC yet. Just don't see the need now.

I believe part of the limitations of 32-bit Windows is no one application has access to over 2GB of RAM. Crossing that line will often lead to crashes.

I would think you would post a pic of a true 1080 image instead of an upconverted one! I also have the BSG series on DVD, not BD, but I don't have BD for my PC yet. Just don't see the need now.

Actually, 32-bit allows access to 3.5 GB. I've already performed a few memory utilization tests, to prove this to myself. The remaining .5 GB are reserved for hardware addresses.

Regarding posting a non-upconverted image; I would, if I actually had a BluRay disc...lol :no: This is another upconverted SD screenie from BSG Razor, in my set's native res:

BRscreenie2.jpg

BTW, that's with CUDA enabled

Really? I always heard that any program that tries to access more than 2GB (just open task manager and watch the process) will crash. I seem to recall Company of Heroes doing that to me when I would play with ultra detail. There's a "large address" flag or something that I think allows up to 2.5GB used if the devs compiled it for that, but usually it's not.

That's why I'm still only using 2GB of RAM with my 32-bit Windows, since I never multitask and only really play games or mess with my MP3s.

Update: Picked up U-571 on BluRay (it was on sale for $14.95 at Best Buy), and everything works as advertised. Unfortunately, it seems that to comply with HDCP standards, screen captures are disabled while playing a BluRay disk, even the native Windows "prt scrn" function is blocked :dntknw:

Uh...that just seems stupid. It's a screen cap! Is someone going to take a screen cap for every frame of the disc to reassemble it or something?? :blink: