Sign in to follow this  
JoeF

sound problem in WOV

Hi;

I had a virus infect my computer recently and had to have my operating system (WinXP) rebuilt. When I tried to use WOV I found that when I started a mission, there was engine noise only for a few seconds and then silence. All other parts of the sim work fine. I find that the engine sound works properly if I'm viewing the aircraft from outside but silence if I'm in cockpit view.

All of my other sims (MS FS, CFS1, CFS2 and First Eagles) have no sound problems; only WOV. Any ideas?

Thanks;

jjfjr

What audio hardware are you using? I assume you reinstalled WOV from scratch after you fixed your virus problem.

Edited by Tristan

I get this problem, or one very similar to it, on occasion. The problem (for me) isn't the sounds, it's the speaker setup. I have 4 speakers with a subwolfer. When this happens, I find my speaker setup has been changes to a 2 speaker setup and the jet sounds in question aren't coming out of the speakers that are silent. Listen to your speakers next time and see if you're getting sound out of all of them. I'd bet two are silent. When this happens to me I have to go back into my speaker setup in Control Panel and set things back to a 4 speaker setting and everything is back to normal. You might look into that, it could just be THAT simple.