Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Activating trim, and how to map it to a controller

One of the questions that keeps coming up, is "Does the Thirdwire series have X,Y, or Z axis trim, and if so, how do you work it?".

Well, officially, it does not, and as of the most recent patches, auto-trim was added to the series, and is set by the individual aircraft, in it's flight model (data.ini). For our purposes, however, lets discuss how to simulate trim, and map it to a controller. The basics of setting up "trim" can be found here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=56813

Once you've performed the edits that were spelled out in the link above, simply start the game, go to options, control, scroll, "customize", and scroll down to the Flight Commands section. Once there, it's rather simple to map the control axis to a hat switch. Below, is how I did so on my Thrustmaster Cougar.

Trim_mapping.jpg

Please note, That I cannot tell you how to do it on every stick and HOTAS setup out there, as they are are all different, and you'll need to experiment on your own.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..