Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

My SpadV11 seems slugish?

Ever since i have been flying campaign i've always flown with the same Sqd'n, N73 i started way back in 1915 and after many happy hours plus 13 different pilots i am now into April 1917.Up till now we have always flown some sort of Nieuport which i got to know well but now weve been given Spads and it seems a bit on the slow to react side of things.

Any idea's on the best way to use it in a fight?

Boom and zoom, Red-Dog. The Spad is a lousy turn fighter.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif

Cheers mate.......

Your Nupes were lighter and more agile than the Spad VII. So differenet tactics for flying and attacking. Boom and zoom, hit and run, maintain some altitude. Might not seem like a logical progression in aircraft developement but that's historicly how it went down. Motor technology I think was the determining factor. More horses and speed reduced the nimbleness. At least for some and for awhile. The DVII was so good because it had the horses and yet was fairly nimble.

SPAD go fast. SPAD like dive, but SPAD not like slow climb up to dive from. SPAD like zoom after dive, cuz then SPAD can dive again soon. SPAD not like turn at all (p-tu!). SPAD is same-same mighty avalanche, go straight down very fast, crush all in SPAD's path. SPAD's roar shakes Earth and SPAD's farts same-same thunder in hills. SPAD fills world with crying, friend and foe same-same. Fear SPAD!

Edited by Bullethead