Sign in to follow this  
oscar42151

WOV GroundObjects / Carrier Problems

Hi,

I am sure that this problem has been raised and answered before but having trailed through the forum I cannot find an answer which works for me.

1) The problem I have is that I am trying to replace carriers in downloaded missions with downloaded carriers. I have worked out how to replace aircraft with downloaded aircraft but have come unstuck with the carriers. I repeatedly see the instruction 'add to GroundObject folder' in the readme section of the downloaded carrier folder, for example Hinchinbrooke's HMS Invicible, yet I cannot find this folder within my 'Objects' folder; there is a file titled 'GroundObject' but I cannot open it.

I have looked through the notes in the Intermediate Modding section of the forum and by following the steps described I have so far managed to change the assigned name of the carrier in the mission to HMS Invicible,but the carrier itself remains 100% CVA-63 in appearence!

2) I suspect there is a strong link with what I am doing wrong and my use of the SP1 Extractor. When I open this application and try to extract 'CVA-63' parts of 'ObjectsData' as instructed in the Intermediate Modding section post, it instantaneously displays a message saying it has been extracted to C:\Program Files\Wings Over Vietnam\Objects\ yet I cannot then find it there.

I would be very grateful for some advice from someone far more knowledgeable than me; my mind is not too clued up when it comes to computers. Sorry for raising the issue again. Max