Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

creating Canopy effect in Max

I need some help from the modeling gurus, I try to recreate the nice canopy effect from SF2 for my Su-33UB.. how do I do it? is it only a max entry? and if yes wich is it? Every help is welcomed! :ok:

best regards

Martin

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Think he means the "shine" effect, but methinks specular setting if I'm on the right track?

If he's thinking that, that is correct. In MAX you must assign a specular and reflection value to the material that you are using for the canopy.

FC

thank you guys for your answers, I already worked with those settings, but when I compare the "new" sf2 canopys with the older sf1 canopys it seems that this nice effect is created by those settings and different TGA`s should I map the canopy glass and use a TGA for it?

OT

how do I get spinners spinning? I already put 3 and 4 engine to it and assigned the spinners to them like I found the entries in the superbug but they don`t spin?!

and how large was the superbug maxfile? the UB is now over 35MB and still growing.

I don't know how the other modelers do it, but I set specular and reflection in MAX as FC suggested AND use a TGA map to set the tint and transparency of the glass. I usually start low with the settings than adjust them to my taste.

And that's what I meant as well...I always have a texture to every material.

FC