Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

Stonehenge

when i was in england, and finally figured out how boring london was, went to go see Stonehenge. It's kinda amazing how BIG it always looks in pictures of it, but when you are actually there its really quite small (compared to the pics)

But, didnt realise that it was in the game too....

gallery_45808_317_86788.jpg

I think the scale may be a bit off! It's certainly not surrounded by trees either, not now nor during The Great War.

lol...hey,,,it was hard enough just getting it into a field!...most of the time it was in the middle of the woods...

I took a pic of Lord Nelson at Trafalger Square. My man Nelson sittin on a pole in OFF, too cool.

Edited by Rickitycrate

OFF's Stonehenge appears to be in much better shape than the one sitting on the Salisbury Plain. :smile:

sitting_duck, I know what you mean about how much smaller it looks in person. I always thought it was much larger, until I actually stood inside it myself.

Cheers!

Lou

sitting_duck, I know what you mean about how much smaller it looks in person. I always thought it was much larger, until I actually stood inside it myself.

That's true, but then you add in the avenues, the burial mounds, the other henges, Silbury Hill etc. and get your head around the sheer size of Salisbury Plain's truly ancient status as a sacred site... quickly puts the awe back. :good:

Oh, agreed Dej. I wandered all over Salisbury Plain and it is a very awesome, and sometimes very eerie, place.

Cheers!

Lou