Sign in to follow this  
HouseHobbit

Lord Hobbit in the air

Took off in a Bristol Scout, 0900 weather: Med Clouds..Crossed front at 10,000 ft..Engaged three Fokker E III's Managed to get one after I reset the Pipper..OPPPS forgot the gun shoots at a angle..OPPPS..Suffered Gun JAM!!! How do you clear a Jammed gun with two Fokker EIII after you ?? Have to talk to the Amourer about this..Escaped at altutide of 500ft..Out ran them in a dive from 10,000 ft..This Flight I was sent to hospital..Wounded by the HUN..RATS..Now I have 12 days to think about keeping gun cleared and pipper on target..OUCH.."Throught I saw a Ringwaith engaged some French Nieports"..It looks Like the western front has become a very danerous place indeed!! LOL..This Hobbit is not impressed with this flight.. Made a ROOKIE mistake..Forgot to Zero the GUN..Cost me a wound..LOL..Pehaps I need to get Gandulf to set me up with some extra tools to face the HUN..It seems MORDOR has joined the Fight too..I throught Phase II was a pain BHAH is alot worse..Hobbit recovering in Hospital..

After actions report

Lord HobbitSalute.gif

Took off in a Bristol Scout, 0900 weather: Med Clouds..Crossed front at 10,000 ft..Engaged three Fokker E III's Managed to get one after I reset the Pipper..OPPPS forgot the gun shoots at a angle..OPPPS..Suffered Gun JAM!!! How do you clear a Jammed gun with two Fokker EIII after you ?? Have to talk to the Amourer about this..Escaped at altutide of 500ft..Out ran them in a dive from 10,000 ft..This Flight I was sent to hospital..Wounded by the HUN..RATS..Now I have 12 days to think about keeping gun cleared and pipper on target..OUCH.."Throught I saw a Ringwaith engaged some French Nieports"..It looks Like the western front has become a very danerous place indeed!! LOL..This Hobbit is not impressed with this flight.. Made a ROOKIE mistake..Forgot to Zero the GUN..Cost me a wound..LOL..Pehaps I need to get Gandulf to set me up with some extra tools to face the HUN..It seems MORDOR has joined the Fight too..I throught Phase II was a pain BHAH is alot worse..Hobbit recovering in Hospital..

After actions report

Lord HobbitSalute.gif

Attention**Baron Von Hobbit has suffered a terrible collision..During a Mission against Three DH2's Von Hobbit was Rammed... The enemy plane in a act of Rookie flying ... Flew into Baron Von Hobbit.....There were no Survivers..Salute.gif

..OPPPS..Suffered Gun JAM!!! How do you clear a Jammed gun with two Fokker EIII after you ??

Gun jams usually occur when firing looong bursts ...5 sec

Best to fire multiple short bursts instead

Sure can be a sinking feeling to be in the middle of a DF, plently of ammo, and the Vickers won't work!!!

Keep test firing it though as eventually it should unjam