Sign in to follow this  
Dutch_P47M

re-install OFF3

I have a failure, see the attachement JPG, so I am going to reinstall OFF3 as mentioned by the failure popup. But I do not want to lose my pilot/campaign files etc. and even want to store my CFS3config adjustments. What [hidden] files should I backup for saving my pilot/campaigns!!!!! 

The CFS3config adjustments, I think, I will do a print-screen and type them later manually in!!!  

Edited by Dutch_P47M

rerunning the cfs3config doesnt fix that problem???? im not so sure you have to reinstall....

and,,unless someone has figured out something that i dont know about,,,you cant "backuup" your pilots......if you reinstall,,you will loose them...

Edited by sitting_duck

ok,,dutch,,,

i found my configoverides.xml,,renamed it something else,,and ran off,,,and got the same message as you.

i exited the game,,and ran cfs3config (and allll my old setting where gone,,so you owe me).....redid my settings,,,exitied out of that,,and went back and it had rewritten my configoverides.xml file...

so im pretty sure thats all you have to do too.......

Basically anytime you do anything to that computer, OFF tells you to reinstall. New Video Card, new video drivers, system restoration seemingly unrelated to OFF

Try a Graphics Card Configuring via Workshop, don't be so quick to reinstall.

Plus as Sitting Duck pointed out . . . . . . on a reinstall, you WILL lose all your pilots

Yep that is my first concen how to safe my pilot/campaign. To my opinion it is just backupping the campaign and pilot folders, but are here some hidden folders that are needed for the capaign/pilots????.

Later I could do the Sitting Duck method, the resets CFS3 in the workshop, or reinstall OFF3. But losing the pilot/campaign folders I'm the most afraid of .

Edited by Dutch_P47M

dutch,,,if you figure out a way,,,let us know...,,but,,i dont think it can be done

somewhere,,,something is encrpted (or so ive heard).....this is why you cant do a "save" of the game, and if you pilot gets killed,,,just reload the save....

but,,its all a mute point,,,will be very surprised if just rerunning cfs3config and redoing your settings does not solve the problem...

dont confuse this with the reset,,,where it tells you you will loose all your pilot/campaing data,,,just hit the "graphics config" link in workshop....

Problem is solved, It was the newest catalyst that I installed on my PC, the only problem right now is that I had optimized (=1/2 year try&error) the CFS3config adjustments, they are now all gone, what a rubbish is this CFS3config   :angry2:  but  "I'm happy" no influence on my pilot/campaign   :yahoo: !!!! 

Edited by Dutch_P47M

good to hear.....

(lol,,and i just told someone else their problem wasnt the drivers....)

curious...what card,,,and going to assume you got the latest ccc drivers.......what version did you roll back to that got it to work?

good to hear.....

(lol,,and i just told someone else their problem wasnt the drivers....)

curious...what card,,,and going to assume you got the latest ccc drivers.......what version did you roll back to that got it to work?

The latest catalyst 9.9 I was updating from 9.7!!! My card is the Sapphire HD4890 VaporX

hey,,,i have the saphire 4870....I went all the way back to 9.5 (the ones on the cd that came with the card)...

and ill tell you,,,that solved ALOT of problems i was having...

will NEVER update.....lol