Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

multiple kill claims

Finally, finally, finally shot down two aircraft in one flight!

Yep, 2 BE2c's, downed with witnesses, times and locations right on the button.

But.....what's this? I fill out two separate lines in the claim form - one per aircraft - and I'm told this is an erroneous claim??!! So, I dutifully remove line 2, bump up the quantity claimed in line 1 to two BE's, add the narrative for the second (a flamer, I might add), and submit again.

WHAT???? The claim is *still* erroneous/invalid???!!!!

I click OK anyway, because I'm getting nowhere, and sure enough, both have been rejected.

Can somebody - possibly from OBD - tell me what I did or am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Si

Finally, finally, finally shot down two aircraft in one flight!

Yep, 2 BE2c's, downed with witnesses, times and locations right on the button.

But.....what's this? I fill out two separate lines in the claim form - one per aircraft - and I'm told this is an erroneous claim??!! So, I dutifully remove line 2, bump up the quantity claimed in line 1 to two BE's, add the narrative for the second (a flamer, I might add), and submit again.

WHAT???? The claim is *still* erroneous/invalid???!!!!

I click OK anyway, because I'm getting nowhere, and sure enough, both have been rejected.

Can somebody - possibly from OBD - tell me what I did or am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Si

I had this happen twice and I am still not sure what happened. I am guessing its wingmen not close enough, Witness name spelled wrong, Claimed wrong type of aircraft downed, or someting like that.

I will watch this post 'cuz I would love to knowwhat these are all about and how to avoid them.

:drinks:

Hi Firecage,

"I had this happen twice and I am still not sure what happened. I amguessing its wingmen not close enough, Witness name spelled wrong,Claimed wrong type of aircraft downed, or someting like that."

My wingmen were lurking locally (admittedly there was also a snowstorm going on), and I quoted both their names separated by a comma in the top section of the form. Even in my excited state (read: dog with two dicks), I think I got the names right, and I'm 100% certain that the poor saps I sent to perdition were Quirk sufferers, so I'm at a loss to explain it.

It does, I suppose, say quite a lot about my qualities as a pilot that it's taken me 6 whole months to dispose of two aircraft in one mission, and those the easiest and most defenceless aircraft in the entire game!

Bah!

Ok I just had it happen to me again and heres what I figured out. Even though I had 2 wingies near they were either not able to view my kill or altitude difference was the problem They were down below me somewhat and the other one was in a cloud area.

Im guessing line of sight and typical war problem of them being on target fixation is the cause. This is talked about many time in the books from this era that many pilots shot down more than they got credit for due to no confimations.

I think its BH&Hs way of simulation that kind of event. Irritating :threat: but it did happen alot... :scare:

I am getting that same thing every now and then but its one I can live with since im now seeing what I think the game is doing. :suicide2:

I dropped it back to 1 kill claim instead of 2 and it let me post the claim with out the problem. Looks like the wingies were not looking when I got one of them.

Hi Firecage,

That's interesting: I'll try lowering the number claimed (even though I saw both of them crash, dammit). Unfortunately, said pilot was forced down in Tommyland yesterday, and has been incarcerated somewhere in the Bolton area, so it'll have to wait until his replacement, Kurt Remarx, starts to wreak havoc on the Briddish.

Well usually when your claim may get "refused" all you can do it's just lower the number,even though you are pretty sure they went down,in pieces or in flames....

It happened to me a couple of times as well,better yet is to include all the members of your flight,in the claim form,separated by the sign ,

also sometimes it takes a long time before they are accepted,but then you get rewards....:cool:

I had three "perfect" sorties,and totalized 4+4+3, all Be2c,they are perfect targets for shooting :lol:

even with my Halberstadt DII a real "duck".....now I'm an ace,and got three medals....:good:

all for the Kaiser of course....!! :salute:

check six.....

Just had a similar problem where the two claims were 'erroneous' and I couldn't tell what was wrong with them- all the correct information, spelling etc, and both were rejected out of hand. I reviewed the mission (scramble) and noted that even though I shot the upper wing off one of the attacking Fe2bs my pilot did not get video credit for the kill as I realised several of the other pilots also had this machine targeted. Sadly the one I did get video confirmation on in the replay was mine alone, but because it was attached to the 'error' claim both were torn up by the Intel Officer. Oh well, back to risking my pilots neck some more. Salute.gif