Sign in to follow this  
sinbad

Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Model 9400

Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Model 9400

The Sopwith 1 ½ Strutter is a teameffort. Dagaith began the project early in 2009 and I joined to helpwith research and skins. Unfortunately, his commitment to quality,and the pressure of time, made it impossible for Dagaith to finishthe 3d model before he was drafted into the army (Estonia) in June. Icontinued work on the cockpit and skins, but I was unable to make thefinal adjustments and generate the LOD files necessary for game play.[Dagaith used a later version of 3dMax that would not render in theversion I have.] Fortunately Laton completed the LODsand made it possible to get the Strutter ready for game play. Theflight model was done by Peter01, the gunner by P10ppy. The finalcockpit and skin sets are my efforts. Southside Bucky did Betatesting and offered valuable advice to tune up the model and skinsfor release.

Skins in highdefinition (2048 x 2948) and standard definition ((512 x 512) will bereleased along with the model. A hidef set for B Flight 43 Squadron RFC is enclosed as the default.Additional skins are available in the download section. The2048 and 512 skin sets are NOT interchangeable. You may reduce the hidef set down to 1024, but if you do, keep the associated decal sets.Because some detail could only be sustained by decals in the standarddef sets, these are different from the hi def sets.

There is an sound file with the 130 HP Clerget for your sound folder.

The Strutter was the first British aircraft with a synchronized Vickers gun. There were several versions. The first a two seat observation type, wasknown to the RNAS and the RFC as the 9400 series, and later to theFrench as the 1A2. The 9400 is the version modeled here. A later single seat version, adapted for bombing, called the 9700 series was first produced for the UK. The French not only built both versions, but made about twice as many (4500) as the British. The first French bomber versions were identified as 1B2 (with a crew of 2). The later French versions, similar to the 9700, were called 1B1 (a crew of just one). The 1B2 version will be released for First Eagles after this model. The 1B1/9700 type may come later. There was another variant, a single seat interceptor, used for Home Defense of the London area.,which was fitted with one or two Lewis guns and a cockpit aft of the wings, where the gunner was originally placed. All versions had air brakes on the inboard lower wings which are not operational on the model, and were often not favored by the aircrews because they created “mushy” handling.

A substantial set of skins will be released in conjunction with this model. Please refrain from posting additional skins until all of the original skins are posted.

Standard res 512 RFC and RNAS; Belgian 9400 series, French 1A2 and 1B2 all in the pipeline. They will be up ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

sinbad

Edited by sinbad

My thanks to your whole team! Long awaited and greatly appreciated.

Where did it go? I was just about to download and it just disappeared.

Edited by VONTOBLER

I downloaded it Vontobler the download link is on the lower left hand side after you have clicked on the forum download now link hope this makes sense.

Thanks Sinbad.

Thanks guys for this tremendous job with a lot of skins ! :good: