Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

A question about the Interpid musuem..

https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/

i know it's a long shot but i saw that it's free for active duty soldiers

any chance it's also free for foreign soldiers in active duty? let's say IDF blink.gif

remember, there no dumb questions.. only dumb people grin.gif

me and a friend are coming to the states and plan our trip

we arrive to NYC on October 25th..

we also plan to visit Washington D.C., Las Vegas and San Francisco

any suggestions on where to go or where to stay are much appreciated! good.gif

:grin: ask they, i bet will not hurt,maybe try to convince they that you're also fighting for freedom :salute:

well, as for the hotel in NY..if you have some money(its not that expensive) i suggest this one: http://milford-plaza-newyork.hotel-rez.com/

i loved this one , its near everything and its in middle of brodway and near the 5th avenue.

i did not find any way to contact them via email...maybe i'll place a call tomorrow..about the hotel, looks nice but my friend and I are looking for something a little bit cheaper!thanks :)

I was at the the Intrepid in June and took a lot of pictures that i hesitate to post due to the inferior quality of most of the shots.

I lived right across the river for years and was surprised on how much things have changed in the area since i left back in the 90s. Just walking around Manhatten (The City, as the locals call it) is a really something. Below 14th street it really gets interesting.

Give me a day or so and i'll PM you on some places it'll be worth your time to check out.

As for Vegas? This is my AO. Depending on what you are looking for i can tell where to go and where most definetly you should stay away from.

I'll be able to give you detailed info before Wednsday.

I paid when I went, the money goes towards keeping the maint. up on the ship and planes.

i don't mind paying.. 20$ is not that much (a bit more than in the IAF musuem)

we might not go there.. but we are sure going to the air and space museum in D.C.!! good.gif

Be sure to go to BOTH NASMs. The one on the Mall, and the one at Dulles.

there are 2 NASMs in D.C.? didn't know that.. this.gif

thanks Jedi... may the force be with you grin.gif

The one on the Mall with all the other buildings has been there for decades. The new one in Dulles opened just around 6 yrs ago. It has the test shuttle Enterprise, the Concorde, the 707 prototype...

If you saw the 2nd Transformers movie, when they go and find the SR-71 that's an old Decepticon, that's at the Udvar-Hazy museum at Dulles. Of course, when they walk outside and are suddenly at Davis-Monthan AFB's boneyard, well... *waves hand* You don't need to believe in the geography.

Nesher,

The info i sent you was more difficult than i thought to come up with because thinking like a visitor to NYC is pretty hard. I've been around places that no visitor would ever go to unless it was by accident or they were really curious