Sign in to follow this  
Spad13

Blue Max DR I skin- now what am I doing wrong?

I've been a fan of the Blue Max since my father took me to see it when it first came out. When I saw there was a zip download skin for the DR I based on the Blue Max, I was delighted. So I downloaded it, and it consisted of two files and a readme. So I dropped the "Blue Max" file and some file marked "DR I" into the Third Wire DR I folder per the instructions, and went into FE. Sure enough, there it was- Blue Max DR I. I selected it, went into play and found... I'm flying a snow white Fokker. Even the guns are white. I checked the folder, and there is a design in there. So why is it not registering? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Did you add this information to the bottom of your Dr1 Configuration Settings ini file?

[TextureSetxxx]

Directory=Blue Max DR1

Name=Blue Max DR1

Nation=Germany

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.200000

Reflection=0.300000

Changing the x's to the next number in sequence of your textures for the Dr1. Are you sure you dropped the file into the right folder, this skin was made for the pre expantion Dr1 and the folder is named that,where as the the post expansion Dr1's folder is named Fokker Dr1 this skin will not work for the post expansion Dr1.Hope that helped. After a little further research on the matter I think that almost for sure you must have dropped the skin into the wrong folder.Here is another hint always edit your own ini Files that way your sure not to lose any skins you may have added.

Edited by gumpy

I've been a fan of the Blue Max since my father took me to see it when it first came out. When I saw there was a zip download skin for the DR I based on the Blue Max, I was delighted. So I downloaded it, and it consisted of two files and a readme. So I dropped the "Blue Max" file and some file marked "DR I" into the Third Wire DR I folder per the instructions, and went into FE. Sure enough, there it was- Blue Max DR I. I selected it, went into play and found... I'm flying a snow white Fokker. Even the guns are white. I checked the folder, and there is a design in there. So why is it not registering? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

you may not have the correct Fokker DR1 THE READ ME for the Blue Max STATES -

This is the Blue Max Fokker Dr1.

The ini file that is with this has the Blue Max Dr1 in it as well as

The originals that come with the A Team’s Dr1 so all you need to do is

Put the BM Dr1 folder in your Dr1 directory and let the ini over write.

You will not louse any of your originals.

Are you using the default DR1 that is the TK one in the game ? if so then this skin will not show.

You must have the A Team’s Dr1

you may not have the correct Fokker DR1 THE READ ME for the Blue Max STATES -

This is the Blue Max Fokker Dr1.

The ini file that is with this has the Blue Max Dr1 in it as well as

The originals that come with the A Team’s Dr1 so all you need to do is

Put the BM Dr1 folder in your Dr1 directory and let the ini over write.

You will not louse any of your originals.

Are you using the default DR1 that is the TK one in the game ? if so then this skin will not show.

You must have the A Team’s Dr1

Ok, I don't have the A Team's DR I. Thanks for the help.

Ok, I don't have the A Team's DR I. Thanks for the help.

You can get a user name and password for the A- TEAM SKUNKWORKS website by emailing http://cplengineeringllc.com.

Hope this is of help and other just post here and im sure some one will help you.