Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

Zero on in re Really Flyable WW II MiGs

Guest Eject

Dear Admin, Dave, Wrench, MiGBuster et al,

It still mystifies me, which MiGs-17s and MiGs-19s here in the DL section really can ly?

All my MiG-15s by Dave if I am correct, can all fly and created havoc in dogfights as well as Strike MSN. Yet, only MiG-17PFU and and single MiG-19 I forgot which can still be flown. The great Chinese MiG-19 C Farmer if I am not mistaken, stops flying too, yet sometimes showed up as our escior. It does not even appear in the loading page, I mean when we selected type of plane to fly in the dropdown lists. I am at a loss. It used to be flying in any MSNs I made...

I don't understand really what you say but, i'll try: If your migs can't be flown try redownloading and reinstalling them. As far as i know all Migs from mig15 to 29 are flyable in my game.

To be flyable they need a data.ini and a cockpit folder. Check you have them?

If it doesn't fly then redownload from here the planes. good.gif

Guest Eject

I don't understand really what you say but, i'll try: If your migs can't be flown try redownloading and reinstalling them. As far as i know all Migs from mig15 to 29 are flyable in my game.

To be flyable they need a data.ini and a cockpit folder. Check you have them?

If it doesn't fly then redownload from here the planes. good.gif

Only several of the MiG-17s, 19, and 21. Yes, perhaps it has to do with the cockpits. All have data.ini Nix. Thanks for ur reply and time.

Somebody's just not 'listening'....

Ok, first off, there are NO ww2 MiGs in this game stock from 3rdWire. The only one is the MiG-3 by the Dev A-Team. And as it IS a WW2 aircraft, is not relelvant to this conversation (it also has it's own cockpit).

To get the offending 1950s era Migs (17,19) flyable, you need to read this section in our ever handy, ever ignored Knowledge Base:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/20789-how-to-make-ai-planes-flyable/

In our downloads section, are several cockpits for Early Migs by Ordway. Complete with detailed readmes, and fairly simple to install.

As for flyable Fishbeds, there's plenty of cockpits to choose from in our downloads section by Magoo or Paladrian (iirc), for the different models (F, MF, PF, PFV, etc)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Hey Wrench. I found the solution for the open canopy thingie but it looks like it had been asked before yet. Just to answer you that yes i read knowledge base before but did not find anything on this. Salute.gif

Edited by nixarass

So for anyone interested, here are the fixes to the MF F1C and Super étendard canopy and wing air opening:

Go to the plane data.ini, open it and tape edition/search for "animation". You 'll arrive there ( this is the super étendard) :

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

ModelNodeName=Main_Canopy

Setting[1].Angle=45.00

Setting[1].DeployValue=5.0 ---------------------> Those values just need to be inverted!! I guess the patch made them opposite.

Setting[1].RetractValue=3.0 ---------------------> The retract value must be higher than deploy value.

MaxDeflection=45.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=0.3

AnimationID=9

So after correction it should look like this:

Setting[1].DeployValue=3.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=5.0

[WingFold]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=60.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=3.0 ----------------------> And same here

Setting[1].RetractValue=1.0

MaxDeflection=60.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=0.1

AnimationID=10

So after correction it should look like this:

Setting[1].DeployValue=1.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=3.0

Retract value must be the higher.

And that's all! Those aircraft will now begin with open canopy and canopy will automatically close when aircraft takes speed. Same for wing folding, wings will only be folded when you are stopped. As soon as you take speed they unfold. heat.gif

Edited by nixarass

Guest Eject

Somebody's just not 'listening'....

Ok, first off, there are NO ww2 MiGs in this game stock from 3rdWire. The only one is the MiG-3 by the Dev A-Team. And as it IS a WW2 aircraft, is not relelvant to this conversation (it also has it's own cockpit).

To get the offending 1950s era Migs (17,19) flyable, you need to read this section in our ever handy, ever ignored Knowledge Base:

http://forum.combata...planes-flyable/

In our downloads section, are several cockpits for Early Migs by Ordway. Complete with detailed readmes, and fairly simple to install.

As for flyable Fishbeds, there's plenty of cockpits to choose from in our downloads section by Magoo or Paladrian (iirc), for the different models (F, MF, PF, PFV, etc)

wrench

kevin stein

Mr. Stein, Kevin, rest assured, I just opened the ..planes-flyable/ above, copied next pasted in in a notepad. Thank you, sp 'somebody' did listen man...... also copy/paste (CP) had been nix's very useful input. Thanks Nix