Sign in to follow this  
swetye

engine off at start of mission

Wondering if anyone could tell me how to edit a multiplayer mission so that the players aircraft has its engine off and perhaps

the brakes on?

I noticed in Vascos Campaign missions that the engines were off at start. Is it possible in a regular multiplayer mission?

have tried it a milllion times,,,,,,,could not get it to do that,,,,,

at one point,,i did have the squad on the airfield,,and they did NOT take off,,but,,the engines where still running.....

messed around with the waypoints to try and get it so the engines were not running,,,and the squad took off......have not been able to get it back to the point where they stay on the field.....

Here is the XML files for a couple of tests I ran. Managed to get the aircraft to stop and shut down engines by creating

an extra takeoff waypoint right on top of the base. Speed 0 Altitude extremely high. Have to hand edit the takeoff

wapoints. Test 6 has three takeoff waypoints. You have to make sure to kill your throttle to 0 while the mission is loading. Test 3 is just one aircraft.

Test 6 has four aircraft. Try these out and see if it works for you.

testengine3.zip

testengine6.zip

Edited by swetye

I tried getting DVIIs to shut their engines down at takeoff but it does not seem to work. Worked well with the DH2s

in the above test missions.

????/??????

tried to duplicate you results..(well at least with the second one).

the first one only has one plane,,,so the only way the engine will stop,,is if the player stops it...less im missing something..

the second one,,,tried everything,,if i took off,,they took off,,it i moved a little and stopped,,they moved a little,,,but eventually one of them would take off,,,,

In vascos missions,,(or for any other mission with a squad and a ground start) the only planes you see without the engines running are planes that have players.....all the ai planes will be running at the start. If there is a squad and no player has taken the flight commander,,it will take off when ever it wants. If there is a flight commnader,,,they will wait for them to start the engine,,and will roll when he roll...

just curious,,,lets say you get one to stop the engine,,,,how you gonna get them to start it????

Good point about the AI engines being shut down. Guess I just wish Multiplayer missions started like a single player

mission.......with the player aircraft engine off and the AI remaining stationary. Just have to make do with the way things

are.