Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Pilot Detail Questions

Hey guys, I'm noticing some nicely customized pilot photos in some screenshots posted for your campaigns. I wanted to find out how you edit your pilot details to customize his photo, the names of his fellow squad mates, and other goodies. If you have any pointers and how-to's, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking forward to finally getting in some flying this weekend, and I wanted to set up my campaigns in style.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I'm noticing some nicely customized pilot photos in some screenshots posted for your campaigns. I wanted to find out how you edit your pilot details to customize his photo, the names of his fellow squad mates, and other goodies. If you have any pointers and how-to's, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking forward to finally getting in some flying this weekend, and I wanted to set up my campaigns in style.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure how to do the photos, but you can change the names in the squadron by following these instructions. Mind you, one has to be very careful as one wrong move can make a mix of things. check this thread:

http://forum.combata...n-roster-names/

Hey, Capt.Sopwith

THE PHOTOS

You'll find them in here:

(your game folder) > campaign > campaign data > pilot photos

You can retouche your own face in one - let's say, pilot6.bmp

Now you save the original as pilotX.bmp, and save your own as pilot6.bmp

In your log you see, what pilot nr. the pilot photo shows.

If the pic is pilot 4, then you must name your pic also pilot4.bmp

But always save the old one, or make a backup of the whole folder, just for security.

THE NAMES

You can change them in the pilot dossier file. You find it here:

(your game folder) > campaigns > campaign data > pilots

The pilot you want to change, will always be one number higher - if you search for

Pilot 4, it will be the dossier for Pilot 5 you need.

Now you find further down in the text the names of your wingmen.

These can be replaced by your names.

But careful! You must keep semicolons inbetween the first names and family names and

everywhere else, where they where used before.

And you can't/shouldn't change the amount of names.

When there are 12, but you have 13, you must drop one. If you only have 11 names,

keep the last original one.

After all, there MUST be the same number of pilots.

Thanks for all of the help Olham and Ras, I appreciate it! I've got my campaigns and my pilot photos set the way I want them now. Off to fly!

Show your log occasionally, Capt.Sopwith!