Sign in to follow this  
sambo

A Little Help Please!

I have an A-10 mission I would like to let other pilots try, problem is I don't know how to export it an put it on this site, can anyone help me out?

thanks

sambo,

See my response to your other post on the research being done for a little write-up on how to export missions and/or campaigns.

We'll get your mission up here @BioHaz soon enough, so hang tight. :)

Also, have you checked out LOMU or the Dynamic Mission Generator in our File Library? They can both be found in the LOMAC Utils/Editors section.

I read on the UBI threads that missions and campaigns can be imported/exported using these utilities. LockON users are reporting some good results with these tools and it may help you with what you are trying to achieve. If you're a bit concerned about opening a new can of worms by having to ramp-up with these add-on software pieces, no worries.

I'll post something as soon as I hear back.

Thanks for your reply!!! I thought I was the last person alive on this site.

LOL! I have a feeling it stems back to a lack of good documentation on the mission builder. That's all. Otherwise you would've seen a post and an answer much sooner.

After saving your mission/campaign, did you search your hard drive for a *.mis or *.cmp file? These are the file formats for a mission or campaign respectively. Try this and see if you have any luck.

Alright, here's the scoop on the mission and campaign files.

After you save your work, it is placed in a sub-folder of the LockOn install directory.

Missions are saved as a *.mis file inside a Missions folder.

Campaigns are saved as a *.cmp file inside a Campaigns folder.

Everything you need to upload a custom mission or campaign for other LockOn users to enjoy the work you've done is included in that one file. Using WinZip on these files will compress them nicely, making it even easier to store on a website.

Don't forget to include a little readme.txt with that zip that will tell users what the mission or campaign is about and to give yourself credit where credit is due. :)

Hope this helps.

Thanks Slickwili , I put it in the air" lets see if it flys. couldn't have done it without your help. My the fleas of A 1000 camels invade the underwear of your enemys

You're quite welcome, sambo. Glad I could help.

...and may I never be present to behold what happens to my enemy's mid-sections... LOL. :D