Sign in to follow this  
wilco

Decal/Mesh confusion

I made some new decals for my upcoming F-15C (Baz) skin, but I've come across a problem I'm at loss with. No matter what I do, I can't get the decals with the names - their supposed to be on the radome - to show up. If I put them on 'Fuselage_Forward', however, they do show up, but only as far as the red line. Now I thought this is where the 'Nose' mesh starts, so I tried, but no joy. Is there something I might have overlooked? Any help would be appreciated.

Yea, that is the Nose mesh...hmmm not sure why it isn't showing.

Maybe the total number of decals?

FC

Be sure to duplicate the decal entry with the two meshes, same coordinates

which F-15 is it,, Stock, Wpnssgt, or TMF?

Thanks for your fast replies! That's FC's SF2 version of Wpnssgt's F-15C, decals totalling at 15 (16 with duplicated decal entry, which doesn't work either). With the decal entry duplicated it looks the same like in the picture. :dntknw:

I'd guess that its the name of the mesh that is incorrect or a decal name length issue ( did TK ever fix that bug?). Can you post the decal ini, we might be able to better see what might be the cause.

Alright, after having a second look at the decals.ini of the F-15A Baz I seem to have found a fix. This is what the entries for the name looked like, when it was not working:

[Decal015]
MeshName=Nose
DecalLevel=2
DecalFacing=LEFT
FilenameFormat=F-15C_Baz/IDFGrey1/D/CBazName
Position=7.50,0.2
Rotation=0.0
Scale=1.0

[Decal016]
MeshName=Fuselage_Forward
DecalLevel=2
DecalFacing=LEFT
FilenameFormat=F-15C_Baz/IDFGrey1/D/CBazName
Position=7.50,0.2
Rotation=0.0
Scale=1.0

If you add 'DecalMaxLOD=3' for the Nose mesh, however, the decal appears. Now the (bonus) question is, why is this modifier necessary for some meshes when it is apparently not necessary for others?

Anyway, thanks to the three of you! :good:

I think you'll find that there is no 100% rule in Thirdwire sims. There is a lot of hit or miss with decals being one of the main culprits.

Glad you figured it out.