I have looked everywhere in my object files and aircraft files etc but cant find a file named weapondata.ini or anything that actually has weapon in it. I am running Vista and WOE SP2. I have downloaded the weapons extractor but dont really know what to do. I have downloaded F-18 , of which I'm proud of myself :) but it only allows sidwinders. If someone could help me i would appreciate it. I have also extracted all of my object files.

I moved it out of the Weapons Thread, and placed it here, where it'll be seen.

To answer:

the SF2 series used a different way of handling weapons than the origianl series. The weaponsdata.ini, as we've known it before doesn't exist as a seperate file. It exists INSIDE each weapons folder, as part of each weapon.

The easist and simplest way for you to add weapons now for NextGens, is just to grab Gunny KillerBee's pak for SF2 and install it. It'll have everything you need (and LOTS more) already set up for use

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8921

Mind you, it's a fairly heft download, so set aside some time. DO read the enclosed readme; basically, you'll unzip/unrar/unwhatever the package to a temp folder or your desktop -this is something I ALWAYS reccomend- and then move the superboatload of new weapons folders into you Mods folder. I don't remember if the package automaticaly creates the main /Weapons folder, but if it dosen't, you just create a new one in the ****/Objects folder, and dump all the several thousand new individual weapons folders. The same goes for the new /Guns folder, as they get their own as well.

Pictures are worth 1000 words ... but remember, I'm on XP, so my main ThridWire folder is on a different pathway than Vista's, but the right panel shows how the folders should sit

wrench

kevin stein