Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Talk about unlucky...

Okay quick question how long do claims come through???

Also why oh why oh why is it that I get a pilot to 5 hours and it all goes pearshaped...???

Managed to do 4 sorties with my latest pilot...

First Sortie I bagged a Roland granted he put me on the ground as well...

Second Sortie Transfer flight

Third Sortie Offensive flight 2 Alb DII's

Fourth Sortie Scramble and I bagged 4 Halb's

No doubts I can fly land etc but since when did telegraph poles sit 200ft up in the air??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

My poor Strutter pilot augered in from 250ft lost the lower wings watched the re-run... and just before my untimely end a Telegraph pole is destroyed and then I die :blink:

Oh well I like that little Strutter a lot as it's handy in an unweildy sort of way and requires a lot of rudder work... I dont know I get Ace unconfirmed and then I die...

Ho hum new pilot back to the front!!!

Thanks for the quick reply... What no pigeon post??? oops that must have been in the pie I had for dinner in the mess...

No doubts I can fly land etc but since when did telegraph poles sit 200ft up in the air??? blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

My poor Strutter pilot augered in from 250ft lost the lower wings watched the re-run... and just before my untimely end a Telegraph pole is destroyed and then I die blink.gif

I think "Telephone Pole" is a generic term that is assigned to incosequential objests in the sim

I must admit, I haven't seen that since way back in P1

Usually seen during airfield attacks, "Telephone Pole Destroyed" messages would regularly pop up

I can't remember what types of objects they were assigned to though

My guess is you damaged something earlier in the flight and it didn't get around to combusting til your wings came off

Also why oh why oh why is it that I get a pilot to 5 hours and it all goes pearshaped...???

Lately my pilots all die on their second mission. They seem to get through their first hop over the lines without a problem and then comes the second trip, quickly followed by death - usually by midair collision with a suicidal Nieuport pilot!

My latest pilot was a throw-away; I knew he was likely going to buy it on his second trip and I wanted to try and "cleanse the palette" of these repeated failures. I figured I'd make a sacrificial German pilot, send him up, perform the most suicidal attacks I know, like diving into superior numbers, attacking when it's not wise to do so, flying through formations of Allied two seaters all with their guns trained on me, etc. I figured if I managed to get all of my stupid mistakes out of the way with one pilot, I'd be good to go with another DiD candidate.

What happened?

Well, see for yourself. Robert Ritter von Roth, who wasn't supposed to last his first two sorties, has completed damn near two full hours of flight time (my last few pilots averaged about 30-45 minutes before death) and has TEN, count them, TEN claims to his name! I've flown him into whole formations of BE2's with their guns firing at me and knocked every single one of them out of the sky. I've done the same with the FE2's we run into. I even went into the workshop and cranked up the AI gun accuracy to hard - up from normal because they weren't hitting him! Why can't this sim, who has fitted every namesake pilot of mine for a dirt shirt, kill this guy!? The closest he came was a crash landing after some BE2's put a hole in his engine. And yet, he survived his crash landing, near a river and a forest, no where near cleared level ground. He literally planted his Albatros on a berm, and managed not to flip the plane over. Remarkable...

That said, he hasn't seen any fighters yet - so Roth is getting an easy pass preying on wounded antelopes so far. I predict his first tangle with a French fighter plane will end with a Le-Rhone rotary engine embedded in his brain.

And look at his pilot photo! He's a creep! I don't even like this guy and he's out there racking them up! No matter how stupid I get, I can't seem to get this guy killed! :no:

Sometimes Pacman, you just never know! :rofl:

Edited by _CaptSopwith

I must admit that made me laugh CaptSopwith... take sanity out the window and fly like a demon... hmmmm might try that but I keep thinking about Jonesy in the back of my Strutter dont want to get him killed again... (All my rear gunners are called Jones)...

That's the sort that last, Capt.Sopwith! :cool:

With a Jasta 6 campaign in Novermber 1916, you could as well enter the "Krauts & Crumpets"

Full DiD caampaign. You would have to fly the DFW C.V two-seater, until you had 17 hours,

or 5 confirmed kills. Then you can change over to Jasta 6. We have lots of fun, mostly on our

"secret chainmail link up" - come in there, if you like.

You must not fly any specific amount or days. All you got to do is advance time, when you missed

one or several days, so you are up to the current date.

Edited by Olham