Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

Ships Designation

Guest Eject

To Dave and Wrench, other sr. modders r welcome.

A couple of weeks ago I went to Capun's (?) Site, the Skunk something? Being a non-member, I just read some of the discussion there. A guy was asking how to make Patrol Boats, Battle Ships, Carriers and the other floating beasts appear.

His reply was that player mus change the name of say, Patrol_Boat to CARGO_SHIP.

It worked as well in my WOE when I flew the NATO or Western jets, and smashed the very active Russian or Soviet Patrol Boats.

My question is, will such designation also will work on Battle_Ship, Carriers, Destroyers etc?

Thank u all for ur replies. C u later:salute:

It will (should) work on NAY vessel (battleship, cruiser, row boat, inflatable duck, etc.) as long as you designate it as a cargo ship. If something is designated as a cargo ship, it's in the list of ships that can show up in randomly generated missions (IE quick missions). If you are editing your own mission, I think you can leave the ship type alone and place it in yourself.

Generally, yes.

GroundObjectRole=Cargo_Ship is presently the only way to make ships appear randomly in the game engine created anti-ship missions.

Drawbacks are:

Carriers are unsinkable due to there "hardened" status which is needed to work properly as a carrier (landing deck collission etc)

Cargo_Ship role wont work for warships in user created scripted single missions which contain combat between ships ... cargo ships wont battle each other

~

I think there's still a max limit of 4 "Cargo_Ship" classed vessels (ie: GroundObjectRole=) for in-game generated A-S mission.

The other ship classes are:

PATROL_BOAT

WARSHIP

that's it! So, DD,CA, CL, DDG, CV (all types), BB etc are all "WARSHIP", in both their data inis and the terrain types ini

The stock P-4, or the Osas and MTB/PTs would be classified as "PATROL_BOAT"

example, from the Pearl Harbor/Hawaii WW2 map:

[TargetType139]

Name=Oklahoma

FullName=USS OKLAHOMA

TargetType=WARSHIP <--

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=1000

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=Oklahoma

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=ShipDestroyedEffect

DamagedModel=Oklahoma.LOD

SecondaryEffect=LargeOilFire

DestroyedModel=Oklahoma.LOD

SecondaryChance=100

The terrain types ini entry is mostly I believe, for Campaign usage, meaning the GOT would need adding to any campaign ini dealing with strike or anti-ship missions (mostly STRIKE)

As Crusader stated, CVs are another matter entirely, but that is easily 'gotten around' by creating a "***_T" ground object, like I did for the Okinawa/Japan WW2 map. You create a 'new' targetable carrier, edit the data ini to remove the flight deck statements, and now it's not only attackable, but sinkable. You just can't land on it, hence the "standard", operational carriers get a target value of 0.

wrench

kevin stein

Guest Eject

I think there's still a max limit of 4 "Cargo_Ship" classed vessels (ie: GroundObjectRole=) for in-game generated A-S mission.

The other ship classes are:

PATROL_BOAT

WARSHIP

that's it! So, DD,CA, CL, DDG, CV (all types), BB etc are all "WARSHIP", in both their data inis and the terrain types ini

The stock P-4, or the Osas and MTB/PTs would be classified as "PATROL_BOAT"

example, from the Pearl Harbor/Hawaii WW2 map:

The terrain types ini entry is mostly I believe, for Campaign usage, meaning the GOT would need adding to any campaign ini dealing with strike or anti-ship missions (mostly STRIKE)

As Crusader stated, CVs are another matter entirely, but that is easily 'gotten around' by creating a "***_T" ground object, like I did for the Okinawa/Japan WW2 map. You create a 'new' targetable carrier, edit the data ini to remove the flight deck statements, and now it's not only attackable, but sinkable. You just can't land on it, hence the "standard", operational carriers get a target value of 0.

wrench

kevin stein

DWCAce, Crusader, and Wrench; thank so much for your prompt replies. God Bless you mates. Amen. I just copied the page for ref in my Sub-Dir. E where my WOE is.