Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Here comes the Cavalry !

As the wheather doesn't allow flying in our "Krauts vs Crumpets" DiD Campaign,

I started a French pilot and tried the Nieuport 17.

Sous-Lieutenant Didier de St.Malo did very well for his first flight (1 Roland C II, 2 Fokker E III).

On returning, he saw "British Cavallery". First time I've seen horsemen in BHaH.

I must say, the French side is quite some difference: huge hangars, very comfy!

The Nupe is something to get used to for an Albatros pilot - almost the difference.

So light, it seems to lift off through headwind alone; so agile, it makes it difficult for me

to aim at anyone - a nervous butterfly. And as fragile, as I always find, when I fight them.

But I was lucky. A Roland hit my rudder, but caused only little damage. Oh, and those Rolands

seem to be the "German Brisfit" - all over the place, and constantly firing at you!

Another sign of the coming Apochaclypse--Ohlam in a Nupe yikes.gif

Anyway, I think you'll find your Alb flying better for this. As you've noticed, the Nupe requires a light touch. Getting the hang of that will carry over into more finesse with heavier birds.

Just watch turning left too hard for too long, or you'll find yourself in a right-hand spin grin.gif

yikes.gif Olham in a french aircraft ? in a Nupe instead of an Albatross ?dntknw.gif This must be the Bizzarrow

DID Campagin The german side flying french Fighters and the Brits flying German scouts mmmmmmmmm

Maybe during spring or summer weather? good.gif

As the wheather doesn't allow flying in our "Krauts vs Crumpets" DiD Campaign,

I started a French pilot and tried the Nieuport 17.

Sous-Lieutenant Didier de St.Malo did very well for his first flight (1 Roland C II, 2 Fokker E III).

On returning, he saw "British Cavallery". First time I've seen horsemen in BHaH.

I must say, the French side is quite some difference: huge hangars, very comfy!

The Nupe is something to get used to for an Albatros pilot - almost the difference.

So light, it seems to lift off through headwind alone; so agile, it makes it difficult for me

to aim at anyone - a nervous butterfly. And as fragile, as I always find, when I fight them.

But I was lucky. A Roland hit my rudder, but caused only little damage. Oh, and those Rolands

seem to be the "German Brisfit" - all over the place, and constantly firing at you!

She is fun to fly, but if you get tired of this lady, then give the Tripe a try. I did the same thing with the weather flying for the Crumpets and went and started a campaign with the Tripe. Though I have more time in that plane than any other, it has been a while. And do you fellows in the Did Campaign know that my program skipped from Nov 29 and hopped right to Dec 1? And someone else had checked it out and there was no flying until Dec 4, or after Dec 4? So, we shall have fun anyhow

Haha! Bullethead - which of the 4 horseman shall I be?

Thanks for the tip, I used your previous one anyway - turning right goes better.

Carrick, that was indeed an idea I had:

creating an "Opposite Campaign", where you start opposite time of year,

and opposite side of the line.

Not sure if anyone else would want that - we could do that; with Siggi's rules,

but without a website.

Ras, the Tripe was already flown by my British alter ego, David Oldham.

A very agile craft, and easier to handle than the Nupe, I'd say.

Turnfighting Albatros had no chance against me.

Ras, now you say the same as Carrick - should we do an "Opposite Campaign"?

Ras, now you say the same as Carrick - should we do an "Opposite Campaign"?

I don't have enough time for 1, let alone 2, and I wouldn't want to steal Siggi's thunder. However, it would be fun if the Crumpets had to fly Fees as their fighter ride cool.gif

I don't have enough time for 1, let alone 2, and I wouldn't want to steal Siggi's thunder. However, it would be fun if the Crumpets had to fly Fees as their fighter ride cool.gif

Yeah, same here as far as time goes, I might only be able to fly a couple times in a week. A good thought though.

drinks.gif An Oppposite Campagin Does Have Merits, Just pick the same date but during a summer month For

example, Dec 1 would Jun 1 ect. Individuals could keep their own tallys and post them weekly along with a daily report. I like it count me in Olham. One Albatross Please.good.gif

Guest British_eh

Yes, I'm finding that now I'm back at home, ( from the Northern oil patch), that I have limited time. However, that being said, if when ever we are grounded, we did the Opposite Campaign, well, what a SPLENDID idea.

Game on.

Cheers,

British or should I say German_eh

She does a damn quick snap roll as well Olham. This little bird has more tricks than a stunt plane! Just hit full up elevator, and full right or left rudder simultaneously, and I'll bet nobody behind you will keep his guns on you for long.

ZZ.

Ps. To pull out, as soon as you are inverted, (maybe a little before) hit the exact opposite, up elev, and oppisite rudder tot what you started with. If you time it right, you will level out heading in the opposite direction.....and very quickly!good.gif

Edited by zoomzoom