Sign in to follow this  
phrog_phixer

Odd Window

I posted this some time back. When I start OFF I get this window, which is probably more an annoyance more than anything. I close it and there seems no negative effect. Does anyone have an idea what this is all about?

post-45897-12595302020086.jpg

I'm running XP on an older rig. OFF is the only CFS3 based sim this happens to so I guess it would be an OFFManager issue(?). I've tried three re-installs. Still the same window popup.

I did some searching for you,,,and did come up with a post that says its a registry issue,,,,but when i searched registry cleaners,,,all i got was "DONT USE THEM!!".......

and,,could be wrong,,but that does not look like a BHAH message,,,,

There is a setting in cfs3config...ignore warning boxes..(not to be confused with the one that tells you when you are going to stall..etc..)considering it doesnt affect game play,,,it might make it not show anymore..

I posted this some time back. When I start OFF I get this window, which is probably more an annoyance more than anything. I close it and there seems no negative effect. Does anyone have an idea what this is all about?

429 is a registry error. One of the more common causes are overlapping program installs/bad or incomplete uninstalls.

What version of XP are you using and what service pack? Sometimes a service pack upgrade will do the trick. Otherwise, you'll either have to go into the registry >CAREFULLY< to eliminate it or just live with the message.

There are some good registry cleaners that are payware, but you still have to be very careful when using one. I haven't found a decent one that's freeware.

Question; have you ever gone into the registry to execute a search?

plug_nickel (Al)

almccoyjr....if you were to recommend one,,,,which one would you recommend?

im pretty good at getting stuff.......

Using a registry cleaner is a last resort when everything thing else tried doesn't work, including manual edits.

A program called RegCure looks to be the best out there according to "geek" reviews.

I've been using a small, simple program called RegVac for many years and revisions.I primarily use it to "pack" or defrag the registry every other month or before I do a system archive to boot from USB hd.

plug_nickel (AL)

almccoyjr....if you were to recommend one,,,,which one would you recommend?

im pretty good at getting stuff.......

I've had good luck with Iolo System Mechanic. Does a lot more than clean your registry. Runs in the background, using very few resources.