Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Stanley Cup Playoffs....

LOL. Must win doesn't even come close to describing it. If they want to advance, they've got to win 4 of the next 5. :blink:

According to the news this AM, Sundin is a go for tomorrow's game and Newy is not. Dean Blundell & the boys on the 102.1 The Edge morning show went on for about 10 minutes on how Newy has been the key playoff performer for the Leafs (Belfour aside, obviously.) I don't know.... the last handful of games Domi has been forechecking, assisting and scoring like a sunofagun. :P

And maybe, just maybe, that funny Mogilny goal will wake him up and turn him into the terror that he was the last time these 2 teams met in the playoffs (and he got 6 or 7 points to show for it.)

All the "Canadian" teams look to be squeezed out of the next round of playoffs. Yikes!

Go Leafs Go!

Newy's definatly not playing <_<

Would be awesome to see MO getting going, one of those naturals, doesnt need to use his moves, he can just snap perfect shots.......impressive when he's on.

Got my fingers crossed for tonite.

Rootin for Bolts to knock off Habs, so maybe I can scrounge up some cash and see a Leafs playoff game

Well Snapple, it looks like one of the requirements is almost in the bag... Bolts are up 3-zip now.

And how about those Flames! If Detroit gets eliminated in this round, it will be a twisted sweet justice for Leaf fans since Cujo left town... :D

Oh yea.... sporting my Mogilny jersey this morning. :D The Buds played an amazing game last night. Mogilny(!), and many others were finishing checks and confusing the Flyers into submission. I was giddy as a schoolgirl when they went up 3-0.

The Leafs that showed up to play at the ACC last night are the Leafs we know and love. Keep it coming, boys.

Go Leafs Go!

WOOT!

Keep it coming, they are. The Leafs tie the series at 2 a piece and head back to Philly for game 5.... as their next round opponents lurk in the shadows sipping margaritas, ready to strike.

Go Leafs Go!

not pretty in game 5...... game six the boys will win, lets pray that they will get that one all in important road win in game 7.

I am a beLEAFer

Ugh. Ghastly. Awful. Inconsistent. McCabe!!! Damn... sigh

I guess the Leafs need to have their balls to the wall in order to play well. :rolleyes:

Go Leafs Go!

DETROIT RED WINGS!!! GO FOR THE CUP!!!!

(but I don't think they gonna make it this time)

Salute

Dutchy

Dutchy,

Hey... Steve Y being out is not good for team morale, but they do have more than enough above-average players on the roster to put the Flames out if they work at it.

Anything is possible.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! The Red Wings are not playing any more. Their beaten. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I don't like this. :(

Okay, than it is now time to enjoy the moste people here.

-Let's go Leafs-

Salute

Dutchy

I don't know if I can take this anymore after last night's Flames/Wings game! Sat on the edge of my seat for all four periods...well, got up long enough to grab beer. ;) It's great to see the Wings go down by an under rated team who played harder.

Tonight should be as exciting...

Go Avs and Flyers!!!

In ALL fairness, regardless of which team you were cheering for.............it was an Excellent game!! Both teams going up and down, hard along the boards, etc. Props to both clubs for a great series.

... and the Leafs post-season draws to, yet again, another close. They're a great team, but not a Cup team. That was evident enough in their inconsistent game play.

Ah well, makes for great hockey-watching on the tube.

and so the depression sets in once again, as it has every year since I was 11 years old........ oh well, next year will be different! B)

Ah, yes. Next year will be different. Very different if the players and the owners don't see eye to eye. There could be no hockey next season, which I'm sure would be fine with Fates. ;) That outcome would make for a very, very long winter. Then again, there's lots of time for them to settle their differences and come to terms with one another. If the NHL does strike into the '04-'05, maybe this winter will be a good time for me to take a crack at curling. :D

So, thanks to the Leafs, it's a very somber mood around here this morning. There's sweet old ladies cursing and cussing in the office with a fury I've never seen them wield before. People are in line, or idling in the drive-thru Tim Horton's in a trance like state. Others refuse to accept the fact that the Blue Jays have changed their logos and uniforms yet again in an attempt to rediscover themselves as the new and improved official farm team of the MLB, not wanting to let go of the season that could've been for the Leafs. But, alas, it has come to pass. 38 years and counting.

The radioheads are full of theories, predictions, and analyses for what has and will become of the team. All I can tell you is this; the Leafs are getting really good at disappointing their fans. Almost stealth like, if you will.

The Game 7 with Ottawa that, when it comes down to one game like that, could have easily gone either way.

Then there's Philly. Immediately down 2 games and looking like there just is no more gas left in the beat-up, rusted Ford Fairlane, the Leafs spring forth to tie the series with speed and puck-handling that would give anyone in the final 4 a tough time. Then they face elimination in Game 6 and play most of the game down by 2 goals. Somehow, they claw back to tie it and force overtime, only to lose there and end their season.

And this method of post-season play has happened, year in and year out, for years. The Leafs make a great playoff team. They're always in there taking a stab at stardom. But until they eliminate their inconsistent gameplay (ie. floating a turd amidst some spectacular efforts) they will only participate in the Stanley Cup Finals by joining their fans.... on the couch.... watching the game on the tube. :D

The funniest part of all of this is that people like my Father have been burned so bad by the Leafs over the decades that they are willing to put money on any team playing the Leafs, just to see them lose. Naturally, I take him up on this offer and I've scored myself quite a bit of cash thanks to the Leafs overall winning season. Almost enough to buy a Belfour jersey. :lol:

Go Leafs Go! (next year, that is)

It is time to reflect, it is now 5-0 Flyers, and I see a remake of game 5 against my beloved Leafs.

I'm drunk on Crown and coke, and I'm wishing it was October, the remainder of the playoffs is so hard for me every year. I just pray that us Leaf fans dont end up like Red Sox fans.

My condolences to all, I dont think any of us have a team in the the conference finals.... wait that Lightning band wagoner is in there.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the band wagon... BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I guess I can cheer for Andrychuk to finally get a cup, I only wish he would have gotten it with the leafs.

All favourites out of cup. Who's gonna win the Cup now???

And with how many games?

Salute

Dutchy

Go Flames Go! (...just doesn't have the same ring to it...) to 7.

7 games seems to be such a popular and trendy (read: MONEY) number for a series this time around.