Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

asking wrench - easy skin help

Guest rscsjsuso5

i need your help wrench

1. do you have the decal location for insignia for your recently relaesed at your site of mod Il-2m3 trying to make a plaaf i already have soviet from a-team and your nk version need plaaf to make generic .

2. for the nationalist air force china/taiwan where can i find the skin for lancer P-43A (see pic) which is also posted at your wojnderful site i have the lancer ready but only for raaf austra.

thanks

post-46688-12614262329509.jpg

The Lancer hasn't been released because I haven't been able to fix the "bounce up-and-down, flip over and explode" problem. Oddly, the USAAF version don't do that.

Can't remember if I finished off the I-152 and I-153, either!!! (one has a weird cockpit problem, where it's below the aircraft, and "jumps up" into place)

I cheated on NK IL-2; I just took the stock Soviet skin and dropped the NK roundels over the top of them (via another layer), flattened and phhhffftt...done! So, can't really help for decals.

What can be done, is you can create a 'partial' new template ... open the stock Soviet Green skin in Photoshop or Gimp or whathave you, 'create new layer' for each, and redraw the panel and rivet lines in the region JUST where the Red Star ™ is. The 'new layer' color match the skin, and paint OVER the star. The fade the opacity of the new panel and rivet layers to match the existing (helpful hint: if you duplicate the main skin layer, and invert it, you can see the lines/rivets easier)

As for using those nice PLAAF decals TK supplied us, here's a hint on how I sometime figure out locations...

Aircraft running lights, pilot and/or gunner positions. Since these are 'fixed' locations on the LOD, you can guestimate where new decals should appear (since we have the OUT for the IL-2, getting the mesh names is also easy) I use a 'rule of thumb' of basic human size ie: the average height of people is 1.5-1.7 meters (I round up to 2), and imagine people laying on the wing, or head-to-foot along a fueselage to place decals. Since most aircraft have a known size (wingspan, fues length), you can get fairly close.

All in all, it's pretty much educated guesswork.

Since most light are on wingtips, I just come 'in' on the left/right location approx 1 meter, and see if/where they show up. Then, you can dial in the location & size to suit.

wrench

kevin stein

Guest rscsjsuso5

thank u very much will try and happy holidays to u and to all that is reading /concerning.

Guest rscsjsuso5

disregard this message/thread thanks to all who helped