Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

Damage Model Discussion--HPW Campaign DM released!

Impressions of the 1.46 DM  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, the current DM in 1.46

• makes it too easy to shoot down planes
    • makes it too hard to shoot down planes
    • feels just right
  2. 2. In your opinion, which part of the DM would you most like to see improved? (multiple answers allowed)

• more visible signs of damage
    • more fires and explosions
    • fewer fires and explosions
    • more aircraft parts blown off
    • fewer aircraft parts blown off
    • other (please post comment below)
    • I am pleased with the DM as it is now
  3. 3. Which aircraft component on the AI planes, if any, would you like to see improved? (multiple answers allowed)

• wing roots too weak
    • wing tips too weak
    • engine too easily damaged
    • engine too difficult to damage
    • rudder/elevators too easily damaged
    • rudders/elevators too difficult to damage
    • aileron cables too easily damaged
    • aileron cables too difficult to damage
    • fuel tank, coolant, or oil reservoir too easily damaged
    • fuel tank, coolant, or oil reservoir too difficult to damage
    • other (post comment below)
  4. 4. If HPW made another DM mod, would you be likely to use it?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Does the AI seem to have an uncanny ability to strike your aileron cables?

• Yes
    • No

Pending approval, I am pleased to announce that my Herr Prop-Wasche HITR Campaign Damage Model 1.0 will soon be ready to download in the 3rd party mods section of the forum.

From the readme:

Thank you for downloading version 1.0 of my Full Campaign damage model for Hat in the Ring, the official extension to Between Heaven and Hell, the already wonderful WWI flight sim modification of CFS3 by OBD Software. In addition to including .xdp files for all of the aircraft in the HITR campaign, this new version of the mod includes many additional tweaks (based on play-testing) made to the .xdp files since the release of the QC version. In particular, hit point values for many of the engines have been adjusted, along with wing root values for several planes, including but not limited to, all versions of Albatross, Nieuports, Spads, and many two-seaters. Minor corrections to the .xdp files for the Bristol Scout, DFW CV, Nieuport 24, and Nieuport 28 have also been included with this mod.

Overall, my intention with this damage model is two-fold: to slightly toughen up most of the airplane models in the game in order to slightly prolong dog-fights and to provide the human player with more visible signs of damage so he or she may choose to make their escape and live (hopefully) to fight another day! Depending upon the aircraft and the severity of the damage, aircraft should now be more likely to display not only bullet holes, but also rips and tears, oil and coolant leaks, exposed wing spars, and broken wing tips. Although entire wings may still break off at the root, the mod is intended to slightly reduce the frequency of this event. While all of the aircraft engines in the game have also been made slightly more resistant to early damage, when severely damaged they are somewhat more likely to catch on fire and even explode! Oil and coolant leaks should also be more likely to occur. Finally, both your pilot and your AI opponent are slightly more vulnerable to becoming wounded--perhaps even fatally!

I would again like to express my thanks and appreciation to OBD Software for their help and encouragement in the making of this damage mod. Of course, with the exception of the tweaks contained in this damage model, all work remains the sole work and property of OBD software. If you have any questions or experience any problems with the installation of this mod, you can reach me at www.combatace.com at the Over Flanders Field forum. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the mod!

Please be sure to let me know what you think about the mod and to report any questions or problems about use or installation.

HPW

It's up! Version 1.0 of the HPW HITR Campaign DM is ready for download here: http://forum.combata...-campaigndm-10/

Hello HPW

I have a question about the auxiliary files that you bundled with the new HitR DM Pak. I see your .BAT file for archiving all the .XDP files for a possible restore action. But is it necessary anymore to erase all the .BDP files from each of the Aircraft file folders like you and FortysBoy told us to do for your old BHaH DM Pak? Doesn't the game have to rebuild all the .BDP files again for the new .XDP files?

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

I don't think you need to delete your .bdp files as long as you make sure to completely exit and restart OFF after installing the mod.

To check, install the mod and fly one mission. Then, go into the aircraft folder and open any of the aircraft files. As long as the time stamp on the .bdp file is later than the time stamp on the .xdp file you should be good to go.

If not, let me know and I will post a .bat file to take care of any pesky, left-over bdp's.

Thanks HPW

OK, the .BDP files no longer need to be removed. The .BDP files are automatically rebuilt when the game is restarted. And I confirmed the timestamp is later than the one for the .XDP files. So all is good!!!

OlPaint01

Better late than never!

Be kind, Unc. I am but a one man operation. :cry:

Seriously, a lot more testing went into this version than the last, so it took a bit more time. I'll try to be more punctual next time.