Sign in to follow this  

I've just gotten SF2V for christmas and did a merged install with my old SF2E. I uninstalled SF2E first and have reinstalled it sans mods folders. when i load the regular Europe aircraft (like F-15)it runs fine but when loading Vietnam aircraft(like F-4J) it comes up black hangar screen and the mouse is stuck in the top of the screen. any ideas what i did wrong here? i thought in a merged install it was supposed to allow all aircraft to fly in either terrian.

Just an update as i work through this have heard people are having problems with the four pack merge install. am redownloading SF2E from thirdwire and reinstalling SF2V. will see if it works ok wich it did before i tried installing SF2E. if anyone has better ideas please lemme know.

The proper sequence is to install SF2V before SF2E.

Did you do that?

If you got SF2V recently, then the version is Dec 2009 while SF2E is an older version.

So that sequence might be problematic.

You can either follow that sequence then install the newest patch over.

Or you can try to obtain an updated version of SF2E installer from Thirdwire.

I don't know for sure since I have the whole collection merged and not just these two titles.

well getting the newer version of SF2 Europe hit the nail on the head. if you save your access code when you buy you can re download from the site(thank you TK!) and all is working well now. even my upgraded F-106 flew ok tho i was up a little late to move all my mods back in.

however i have a question for you jomni since im seeing alot of other people saying they have problems with the merged install package.does it load one atta time (like the oriNATO Fighters) or all at once(like NF4+)? if its one at a time then people might be having similar issues as me.

thank you for your response.

however i have a question for you jomni since im seeing alot of other people saying they have problems with the merged install package.does it load one atta time (like the oriNATO Fighters) or all at once(like NF4+)? if its one at a time then people might be having similar issues as me.

thank you for your response.

Can you elaborate on this?

What do you mean by "one at a time" and "all at once"?